New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

No, not at all…

2 Likes

It’s funny though, I regularly get into arguments with my girlfriend about what color something is. Maybe my brain is a bit weirdly wired.

1 Like

Maybe your display is set wrong, or maybe you should see a doctor 248874616142036992

2 Likes

Magenta. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Possibly fuschia

2 Likes

*fuchsia. (english is stupid)

1 Like

Google reigns supreme yet again

10 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I’m not even German!

3 Likes

Don’t say that. Odds are, if you go back far enough, there’s some German in your family somewhere.

2 Likes

It’s also Fuchsia in German, though. XD However Magenta is probably more commonly used.

After playing pokemon blue, I’ll never forget Fuchsia

Fuchsia the colour is named after fuchsia the flower, which is named after 16th century German botanist Leonhart Fuchs. So there you have it.

But either way, it’s magenta. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope that Leonhart Fuchs was then named after the colour so that everything comes full circle again, haha

yeah, but “sch” is typical German

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that. :joy:

Hello everyone, i’m a new WaniKani user and so far, it is a very good experience !

However, I wish I could be notified of new lessons and review available. Is there something for android, or maybe a mail thing ? (I know there are some for Chrome but I use Firefox).

Thanks

The 3rd party android app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.xip.wanikani can be configured to pop up a notification every hour with your lessons and reviews count. You can do the reviews using it too.

On the other hand, in a couple weeks, you’ll always have reviews :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s this unofficial app that has notifications feature:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.xip.wanikani

You’ll need to use your API v1 key for it though, you can get it here, bottom of the page, down: WaniKani — Log in

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you :). I knew there was an app but wasn’t sure about it as it’s not official. But the app looks really well done and it has notification ! yay

Hey, I’m starting Beginner Japanese at my uni this upcoming semester, and I recently found WaniKani on Reddit. I was wondering if it would be a good head-start to be doing WaniKani now, or if I should wait until the school year starts or until I have a more solid foundation. Thanks!

1 Like