New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

       Welcome!
giphy%20(38)

1 Like

Hello, new WKers! Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Durtjovah? Those of us dedicated to the Large Durtle in the sky are seeking others to join our cause!

(But for real, welcome to WK, some of us are a bit insane but are happy you’re here, and good luck in your kanji studies!)

3 Likes

Just leave the pamphlet in the mailbox. I’m never home at the right time.

2 Likes

I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE AND I HAVE A QUOTA TO FULFILL. I WILL STAND ON THIS DOORSTEP UNTIL YOU COME TALK TO ME SO HELP ME DURTJOVAH.

4 Likes

Are you wearing a sexy suit?

1 Like

It’s probably better to confine our crazy to the campfire. Don’t wanna scare the new recruits.

3 Likes

It cannot be contained.

3 Likes

Me trying to contain the spill from Campfire

8 Likes

I was suggested WaniKani recently and started using it.
I also use Memrise, LingoDeer and DuoLingo (I kinda don’t like this one)

I’m hoping WaniKani will help me learn kanji? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Of course! That is what WaniKani is specifically made for!

Leebo (who just reset from level 60) introduced the Iverson Method which will greatly help your kanji studies.

If you want to explore other learning materials, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List.

Good luck! :sparkles:

3 Likes

… Durtjovah? I’ve never heard of him.

Only the Allicrab and the Great Grabigator.

1 Like

I wonder if this should be added here
https://community.wanikani.com/t/advice-to-future-pleasants/16412/101
I was kinda sad seeing it abandoned when the ones who created it went from pleasant to painful…
(I’m not sure about the level you should be in to be able to see it though)

1 Like

It’s probably worth posting here, but since the topic itself is in the pleasant forum, only those level 10 and under are able to access it.

1 Like

I’ll see if I’m able to edit it in, then.

Opps, I don’t think I can edit…
That’s what I wanted to add
You’ll find many useful links and advices here
https://community.wanikani.com/t/advice-to-future-pleasants/16412
Don’t know what Pleasants is? Feeling a bit intimidated by all those double digits and golden 60’s?
https://community.wanikani.com/t/hellos-to-the-pleasants/16369

Or a variation of it…

1 Like

Oh, nice to see Hellos To The Pleasants is still relevant! Alexbeldan and I made that!

2 Likes

So you’re saying you and @alexbeldan can bend time?!

3 Likes

Haha wth?!

1 Like

Hello, I’m only on my third lesson or something, and I made the mistake of ‘hmm… wonder what this button does’. It showed me the hiragana chart, but now it won’t let me type with the Roman alphabet - it keeps transliterating it into hiragana and I can’t turn it off. :frowning: I’ve tried hitting ALL the other buttons… :wink: (You’d think I’d learn) Help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

It only does that, at least it’s only supposed to do that, when it’s asking for the reading (i.e. pronunciation) of the kanji. If it does this when it’s asking for the meaning then a refresh should solve it.