Need help with grammar

I have to do an assignment for my Japanese class where I have to talk about a recent trip. I wrote a few phrases but I would really like someone more advanced than I to correct me if I’m wrong.

Here’s the text:

私はお父さんと十月ひろしまとみやじまにいきました。いつくしまじんじゃのとりいをみました。たくさんしゃしんをとりまして。でも、てんきはくもりでした。みやじまにちさいしかがあります。かわいでした。じんじゃとおてらにいきました、おまもりをかいました。二人はけっこんした、女の人のきものきれいでした。

I mean to say last October but I have no clue if I can just say “in october”. I’m sure it’s full of mistakes but feel free to correct me!

1 Like

Briefly scanning, this jumped out to me

It needs to be みゃじまに ちいさい しかが いました
かわいかった(です) (the です is optional, but would be consistent with your politeness level used throughout)

1 Like

You can say きょねんの十月に

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry for spreading this out all over the place, lol

Who is this 二人? It seems to come out of nowhere?

I would say 二人はけっこん していて、女の人のきもの きれいでした。

This basically means “they were married”.

EDIT: Oh, did you see a wedding? けっこんする is not often used for the act of being married in the wedding itself. It’s more like the state of being married perpetually thereafter. Maybe I’d go with けっこんしきがあって、

I did see a Shinto wedding! That’s what I (clumsily) wanted to say. Thanks again for the correction :slight_smile:

去年の十月に私とお父さんは広島と宮島に行きました。厳島神社の鳥居を見ました。たくさん写真をとりました。でも、天気は曇りでした。宮島に小さい鹿がいます。かわいかったです。神社とお寺に行って、おまもりを買いました。二人のけっこんしきがあって、女の人のきものはきれいでした。

I went through and did a grammar once around myself, then asked my japanese friend to fix my corrections :smiley:

Thanks for the help!!

Improvement on the first sentence. 私 is unnecessary.

去年の十月に父さんと広島と宮島に行きました。

1 Like

Thanks everyone, it’s very helpful! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.