Missing Level Badges?

Yes, it’s fixed.
I know some people asked about a purple level 60 but the gold supersedes it if you’re at level 60.

5 Likes

Hooray! Thanks for such a swift fix. :partying_face:

Thanks for checking it for me :grin: There’s 984 on lifetime :eyes: And 392 on paid as of yesterday, according to @ekg :slight_smile:

1 Like

As many have noted, the badges are back.

Just for those who are curious, as noted in this post, the element we expected to be rendered on page was no longer being rendered.

Looks like the element isn’t rendered unless the group has a flair (Discourse calls them this, we call as badges) icon (basically just an image) uploaded.

For those who are web savvy, we stylize the badge purely with CSS (background color, size, content, text et cetera) instead of using images. We do it this way since its way more efficient to do it in CSS than create and upload ~180 icons (60 levels * 3 subscription plans). And we relied on the avatar-flair class element on the page to do it.

Anyway, the fix was to upload a placeholder group icon which forces the .avatar-flair element to render.

There was some other changes Discourse did, like CSS class names, but that was easy to address.

22 Likes

Now that Discourse supports multiple flair selection, could you add multiple groups for level 60 users?

(For example, a level 60 lifetime user could pick the traditional gold 60 background, but they were also part of more groups which gave 60 with the lifetime and paid backgrounds)

P.S. This could even be extended so that lifetime users of all levels could gain access to the blue paid backgrounds/groups, since we paid for WaniKani.

Looks like I missed too much fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I have logged the request.

5 Likes

@Mods, I just noticed that the option to turn your level badge on or off has disappeared from the settings. Could you look into this for us?

Just want to confirm my option is gone too. And if we have to make a choice, I want ti to stay gone =P (the badge, not the option)

2 Likes

I’d like to get it back for 60 though :blush: the blue color from the paid level badge hurts mah eyes

2 Likes

Of course! We need the bragging rights. :wink::laughing:

1 Like

I’ll put a golden rim on my avatar instead!
The badge has a tendency to obscure the image XD
My current one it worked fine with, but others had important parts of the face in that corner

1 Like

Oh they’re gone again! We’ll look into it.

6 Likes

Badges be like

1 Like

Just to follow-up

6 Likes

And another follow-up.

6 Likes

If we’re gonna have flair options, could you consider an Honorary 60 badge for users who reached 60 and then reset?

5 Likes

I love this new feature :+1:

3 Likes

You could probably manually set the 60 and then reset. There has to be a window where you are logged in and part of both groups…

Did you think I am level 23 right now? Guess again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.