Looking for PODCASTS by Male speakers!

Hi there! I did a quick search and saw many threads about podcasts already but, here is my issue, as I have already been able to find plenty podcasts for japanese listening practice, however, most of them are done by female speakers.

Since I am a male, and I dont want the female speech nuances only ingrained in my head, I was wondering if somebody has more podcasts to recommend, done by male speakers, that are done for the purpose of japanese learning, listening practice.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Check out Nihongo con Teppei.

7 Likes

As already mentioned Nihongo con Teppei for beginners is really good, he also hosts three other podcasts:

Other great podcasts:

• 三本塾Sambon Juku Radio - This is on YouTube, but you could download the audio (it might be on last.fm as well).
  • Hapa英会話 Podcast - This is a podcast that teaches English to Japanese speakers and it’s really well structured.
  • JLPT Stories - This is a podcast that is tailored to learners planning on taking the JLPT and ranges from N5 to N1 listening. They use both male and female speakers.
9 Likes

Very helpful thanks guys !

1 Like

Thanks, that ‘Eigo con Teppei’ was new to me. Very interesting to see how 哲平 sounds when having his ‘native-mode’ on :grimacing:. The normal show is a bit too easy nowadays.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind, I’d like to repost these links from your post over in the Listening Comprehension thread, or you could do so yourself of course. Just as a way to make it easier for people to find stuff in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not at all! Your thread is super helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

The only one i know of and listen to is coten radio. Its usually history themed about seemingly any time period anywhere and is on google podcasts. They talk fast and i cant understand them but its very laid back and the episodes can be 30 minutes or more which i like

Thanks! ^>^

More links

Let’s talk in Japanese
Slow and Polite Japanese
Easy Japanese

1 Like

Slow and Polite Japanese seems nice and relaxing. I think it will also help vary my comprehension listening to a 64 year-old kansai ben dude :sweat_smile:.

1 Like