Locked Items Plugin?

Is there a plugin somewhere that would add a number to this list where it shows the number of locked items? I’m curious. It could just be a white box that says “Locked” to the left of apprentice, with whatever massive number is there. Alternatively, does the API provide that number?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a script for that :slight_smile:

Total number of items on Wanikani is 8879 btw.


I guess something like this does something similar.


The API doesn’t return any of those totals explicitly, but you can go through all of the subjects and calculate the totals. Setting the HTML/CSS to add another box there might be a bit trickier, especially considering they get arranged different when the screen size gets below a certain width, but i’m sure it is do-able.

This one will show you the number of locked items per level

Sounds like an interesting idea!

1 Like

You might be able to do this with the assignments endpoint, which has a boolean unlocked filter. So the API request would look like this (in cURL form):

curl --request GET \
  --url 'http://api.wanikani.com/v2/assignments?hidden=false&unlocked=false' \
  --header 'accept: application/json' \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer YOUR_KEY_HERE' \
  --header 'wanikani-revision: 20170710'

And the response might look like this:

  "object": "collection",
  "url": "https://api.wanikani.com/v2/assignments?hidden=false&unlocked=false",
  "pages": {
    "per_page": 500,
    "next_url": null,
    "previous_url": null
  "total_count": 254,
  "data_updated_at": "2018-11-16T16:21:58.796739Z",
  "data": [

So in my case, I have 254 locked assignments.

1 Like

Decided to give it a go. I included both locked items, as well as items in your lesson queue.



Thanks for the script! I’m not sure if the locked count is correct or not, but the numbers in the popup don’t add up.


Oops. Seems I made an incorrect assumption about how a function in wkof worked. Should be fixed now if you update


Thanks! And oops, seems like I have to double my effort to achieve my goal :slight_smile: That’s good to know!

Edit: If I may have a request, please remember to update the script version so that it can be updated automatically in the future.

1 Like

I did update the version image I changed it from 0.1 to 1.0.0


I see, maybe it’s the Tampermonkey then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tampermonkey only updates so often, maybe that’s it?

1 Like

I forced it to look for updates, but it didn’t find any. Anyways, reinstalling the script did the job. Thanks!


Awesome addition, unfortunately there is a little css conflict when used together with “WaniKani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown”:


This is very neat, thanks!

1 Like

I will look into this tomorrow or during the weekend. It’s actually a HTML issue, so I’m not sure how simple it will be to resolve.

I also noticed that the apprentice box still has the rounded edge. I’ll fix that, the locked box should have the rounded edge.

man, I wander back into the forums and you already scripted it out in a day! incredible, thanks for this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the locked vertical height could be adjusted the same way I did for Master/Enlightened/Burned. Maybe I should actually make my script more generic, since I’m probably modifying those three sections directly. :thinking:

It seems like there are other conflicts from the screenshots posted though, so it might not be worth making them compatible.

The issue with that is that I would have to detect that your script is installed and then insert a span like you do. I would also have to consider in which order they are run. I’m going to see if I can play around with CSS to make it fill the space regardless. Maybe making the list a flexbox instead.