[Userscript] Enhanced Levels Overview

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely. :warning:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! :christmas_tree::gift::tada:

GreasyFork link: Wanikani Levels Overview Plus

This userscript improves the level overview popup by adding…

• The visual SRS breakdown of all items within that level.
  • A green checkbox to levels that are 100% burned.
  • A gray padlock to levels that are 100% locked.
  • A tooltip when hovering over a level that shows exact SRS breakdown and the next review info.
  • A settings popup to configure the script (currently only to hide/show the next review info).
  • A “+” to the “Levels” nav bar text to signify that the script is active and has finished setting up.

NOTE: This userscript requires you to install the Wanikani open framework. You can find information on how to install that here.

This is particularly useful for people working on burning all of the items within levels, as well as it being just interesting to see your progress as you move up the levels.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 12.19.50 PM
For reference, here’s what the original looks like

If you experience any issues with this, please let me know in this thread. I’d also appreciate any feedback on how to improve this script visually or functionally.

Revision History

2.2.2 - Removed jQuery usages. Fixed various issues on newly updated pages (specific levels for example).
2.2.1 - Fixes issue where current level was marked as locked even if there were items in the lessons queue.
2.2.0 - Added “best case” burn date on the tooltip for levels with no locked items
2.1.3 - Fixed styling issues after WaniKani header bar UI update.
2.1.2 - Include preview server, exclude reviews/lessons/login pages.
2.1.1 - Refix the issue in v2.0.2.
2.1.0 - Added a settings panel to show/hide the next review character. Fixed issue with some radicals showing as “null” as the next review character. Decreased the overall sizing of the tooltip. Major code refactoring.
2.0.2 - Fixed tooltip sticking when moving right quickly over the level blocks.
2.0.1 - Minor code refactoring.
2.0.0 - Added tooltip on level hover with exact numbers and next review character.
1.0.1 - Remove hardcoded fully burnt levels 1-2.
1.0.0 - Initial release.

47 Likes

I’ve just added your userscript to The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps > Dashboard.

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused, you say there’s a green check for items that are burned? I have level 1 and 2 checked off, indicating that they’re burned, but in actuality I have 0 burns, so I’m not sure why those levels are checked off. Here is a screenshot. Am I misunderstanding something?

2 Likes

AHH! I didn’t have any burned levels either so I added some code to force the first 2 levels to show up as burned for testing and the picture, and I forgot to take them out before publishing :man_facepalming:

I just updated it so it should be good now. So sorry about that!

11 Likes

It’s all good now, thanks!

2 Likes

Whoa neat! I’ll download this when I’m behind my pc!

3 Likes

Ohhh, I like this ^^ Thank you for creating it :v:

7 Likes

すごいぞ!

7 Likes

Cool cool cool

5 Likes

This is really cool, thanks :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I’m considering adding a little tooltip when you hover over a level that gives you the exact numbers now.

8 Likes

Really cool script. Here’s a view of how permanent vacation mode looks:

5 Likes

That would be great! Even if it’s already a great script :slight_smile:

it’s strictly more information on the same space that WK uses, love it.

1 Like

New dashboard skin! That’s a cool Christmas present! :durtle_love: Thank you, @razorcat!

1 Like

I’m considering adding a little tooltip when you hover over a level that gives you the exact numbers now.

Sounds like a great idea! That would make this amazing script even more amazing :slight_smile:

Alrighty I just pushed up the tooltip. I could also pull the level progressions data, and show data like when the level was unlocked, completed, duration, etc… but I’m not sure it’s worth pulling a whole other set of data for…

3 Likes

Is it possible to disable the tooltip? Or at the very least the ‘next review’ part?

I haven’t messed with adding userscript settings before, but I can certainly look into it.

Just out of curiosity… is the tooltip/next review data you are intentionally trying not to see, or do you just not like the look of it?

1 Like

I don’t want to see the next review data the most, but having the tooltip also blocks from seeing other neighbouring levels. I do like the data (except for the spoiler bit), but it feels a little awkward to me. Maybe a regular-looking tooltip? I don’t know if I’m expressing myself well…

1 Like

Hmm I’m not sure what I can do to make it not block other levels other than to just not hover over a level block when you want to see all levels. I could maybe shrink the font sizes a little so that it is a little smaller?

I intentionally made the tooltip’s UI similar to the ultimate timeline’s tooltip so that people have a more consistent UI between scripts, which suffers the same problem of it blocking data when it’s visible.

I can definitely understand the need for the ability to hide the spoiler.

1 Like