Removing the Progress Bar

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a script somewhere that could remove my progress bar. I have Guru+'ed all my lessons and don’t really have a use for it anymore. I have tried searching for it, as I thought more people would have the same demand, but it seems that I am either the first to want this or very bad at searching topics on this forum. If anyone knows of a script like this, please comment below. Thanks! :blush:

EDIT: I have made a tiny script that does this kind of

EDIT: So basically this:

11 Likes

Ohh, this is a good idea :b

It would also be a good idea for WK to display something different to people that have guru’d them all. Having this forever doesn’t make much sense:

11 Likes

How about putting the Kanji and Vocab progression bar from the profile there :thinking:

9 Likes

How about replacing it with dancing Hard Gay gif?

10 Likes

How about a CAKE button that when you click on it, you reset back to level 1 ?

11 Likes

If you’re using uBlock Origin or similar adblocking extensions, just add this line to your rules:

www.wanikani.com##.progression
4 Likes

I don’t necessarily agree. That bar is in relation to items guru’d. Which means that a level 60 with 0 items on Apprentice would have 100% on both. It’s a good goal, but it doesn’t take much time to do it once you reach level 60.

3 Likes

Alright yeah then that makes little sense. I thought the bars were in reference to a higher SRS level, like Enlightened. That would take longer to achieve and probably pose more of a goal for a level 60.

1 Like

Maybe it could be done in exchange for burned items?

1 Like

Burned items could be an option. However, I feel that something like this would be much better:

This is from one of my decks on Kitsun. Notice the colors and the ranks. I feel that once all radicals/kanji from level 60 get guru’d, seeing something like the distribution of items by SRS would be pretty cool. I fear that just being about burns would turn the focus too much on them. This way, an item going from Guru to Master is still viewed as progress.

7 Likes

I have made a tiny script that removes the contents of the Progress bar square, as removing that thing on its own breaks a whole bunch of scripts that are dependent on the position of that div.

Also I will definitely try getting that Kitsun action going on, as long as @neicul is ok with that.

5 Likes

I think hiding it with CSS (using display: none) might be a better solution. Other scripts would still be able to find it, but it’s not rendered in any way. That’s what I did

1 Like

Ah! That would do it then. I’ll edit the script once I get home.

1 Like

Absolutely fine of course! :smiley:

2 Likes

Finally did the darn thing. It hath been removeth. Now let’s get to work on that progress bar.

2 Likes

I made a special page for the script, so here ya go

Also I finished the progress bar!!! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Not level 60, yet still 2 Cool 4 Progress:

2 Likes

If you want, in the script you can set RemoveProgression to 0, so you will still have your kanji and radical progression under the bar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great script! Beautiful and clean. Thanks.

1 Like

Could you give me an idea of whereabouts in the 700+ lines of code to find this please?

Edit: Found the code line, tried to change the setting from true to false (or vise versa), looked at the code some more and realised all I had to do was look in the script settings drop down menu on the dashboard and check a couple of boxes. :smiley:

2 Likes