🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Winter 2023 ❄ 🧤

January 23 :film_strip:

Finished MIU404. What a fun ride that was. The cast was all so great, and they were all immensely likeable. 菅田 将暉, who I knew from ミステリと言う勿れ, was a revelation in this totally different role. It took me ages to recognize him - or, to be entirely honest, I never did. I knew he was very familiar but couldn’t place him until I looked him up.
This one is definitely on the list for rewatching without subtitles at some point.

15 Likes

All A’s woot woot!!!

8 Likes

January 23rd!

Today I listened to Lesson 16 of JapanesePod101’s Upper Beginner Season 1.
It was breaking down an announcement about a store closing and then going over how to use いただく to politely express gratitude.

(Home Post)

14 Likes

He is in everything. Once you notice him anywhere you see him in every show and movie, I swear. I want to say right after I watched ミステリと言う I watched one of the Death Note movies and the contrast in his characters killed me:

Pics

oh and he was also the lead for 3年A組:

7 Likes

:loud_sound: :snowboarder: softlyraining’s listening corner :headphones: :mountain_snow:

January 17th 〜 January 23rd

Wow, it’s been a long time since I checked in on here! Have listened every day since the last time I posted. Mostly Satori Reader, but I did listen to Sayuri Saying one day (until my phone died on my walk :smiling_face_with_tear:). Today was an episode of small talk in Japanese. The hosts discussed their lives as 社会人. I listened to this while I was outside, but my comprehension wasn’t that bad aside from the sounds of cars and my jogging app drowning the podcast out from time to time.

15 Likes

I was tired and not in a great mood by the time I got to listening to anything tonight, so I opted to rewatch some of a show I’ve already seen. @omk3 you might like Heaven and Hell: Soul Exchange | Japan | Drama | Watch with English Subtitles & More ✔️ - on Viki. It has one supernatural element (soul swap) but from there it’s classic suspense/mystery. 連続殺人事件 / 猟奇事件 type deal. The main guy in this one is also in all the shows. He was also a lead in Romance Doll, Mosaic, and some mindless romcom I watched last year.

The woman I mostly know from being in commercials :sweat_smile: I really enjoyed both their performances, though.

16 Likes

Listened to my podcast playlist at lunchtime walking the dog. Also listened to a few of my first graded readers and read along as it’s change.

14 Likes

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: January 23

Listened to Teppei for beginners #26 and #27

14 Likes

Jan 24, Tue of Week 5 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

So-matome N3 Listening Ch.4 [2/6]. Location.

I listened to a track of ガラスのうさぎ, now on track 3. At least I can without additional cost until 31 Jan, which is when 聴き放題 for audiobook.jp would end. (I bought the subscription, then canceled one day later.)

13 Likes

:snowflake: Day 24, 24th of January :snowflake:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

Some more PiroPito, episode #26 - #30. He keeps dying so much in the game, but he always comes back… Wishing you all the best, you funky little creepypasta dude. :smiling_face_with_tear:

15 Likes

:snowman: :snowflake: January 23-24 :snowflake: :snowman: :speaker:
Home Post

Comprehensible Japanese, Intermediate :shinto_shrine:

Yesterday I listened to nothing, at least as far as I can recall. Today, I was about to mark the same and then asked myself “do I really not have 7 minutes for the next Comprehensible Japanese episode?” and the answer as you can see above was “no, I really do have the time”.

So I learnt a little about Kabuki history. Although I didn’t quite follow why it was called kabuki. Something about multiple colors? Wearing something or other. :woman_shrugging: Doesn’t feel like something I need to know enough to look up or rewind that part. ^^

13 Likes

I’ve got a headache so I re-watched some easy and funny stuff today.

A 2 minute video of people trying to convince this unhappy cat it’s bath time

Dir en grey’s drummer Shinya attempts to make a needle felted pink bunny. He has never done it before, and the needle felting kit he bought from the 100 yen store has poor-quality materials and inadequate instructions.

16 Likes

January 24 :film_strip: :arrow_forward:

An episode and a half of ミステリと言う勿れ today. And a book review on youtube.

15 Likes

January 24th!

I was planning to listen to more Nihongo con Teppei today but then I read this:

And my plan changed!
Thanks for sharing @basilsauce! I enjoyed that video even more than I expected to :laughing:

(Home Post)

15 Likes

I watched both the videos you linked and they were great. The ending of the felting video especially… :rofl:

13 Likes

Started watching MIU404 because it popped up on Netflix after I saw you all discussing it. Really enjoyed it! Definitely watching with English subs tho. Basically the only words I can pick out on my own are “police” and “grandma”. :joy:

First ep spoiler: I just have to say, Shima’s face right before he swerves around the 犯人’s car to protect the pedestrians … ugh, so good. I love him so muuuch!

Oh yeah, I can also pick out the word “criminal”.

15 Likes

I am still on the Crayon Shin Chan train because I can relisten to it about 3-4 times and not get tired of this crazy show. I listen anywhere from 1-4 hours a day depending on how busy my day is. When I am at work and on downtime (ALT life), I listen to Nihongo con teppei Z which is fine but I am not a podcast fan.

14 Likes

Listened to about 30mins of my podcast playlist at lunchtime whilst walking backing from the shops. Listened to the last book’s audio from my 1st ever set of graded readers. Today will move up to the next level of graded reader and try that. Also spoke with my tutor about underage drinking and throwing up, but as I’d had a really strong cup of coffee, there wasn’t much listening going on as I was babbling away in my broken awful Japanese hardly letting her get a word in.

13 Likes

Jan 25, Wed of Week 5 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

A Kanken Lv 2 quiz. I checked out Youtube, and find this one satisfying.

ガラスのうさぎ [4/18]. This series has a chapter of 10-20 min each, but no written text (as far as I can find).

MIU404 EP.1, but it’s more of reading practice without pausing than listening practice. I remembered the ED song (or at least the style, but more likely the former).

So-matome N3 Listening Ch.4 [3/6]. Numbers and dates. Yesterday, I tried speaking and guessed 二十四日 (にじゅうよっか) correctly. However, I found some issues regarding よ and よん. Not written on the left page, but the track is spoken, 十四人 (じゅうよにん). There are also year numbers in audiobook.jp above, but not in the tests here (and I might have improved a little).

13 Likes

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: January 24

Listened to Teppei for beginners #28

13 Likes