Level 4 story by ChatGPT

Ouch. Straight for the 元気ですか.

7 Likes

But I’m jealous that it can just casually use んです while I’m still in the process of trying to wrap my head around it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

It had lots of input. Lots. Immersion.

2 Likes

Sorta

Not even saying, that they are a software engineer. Dunno why, "ソフトウェアエンジニア " just slides right off the tongue.

Is this correct? Isn’t this saying, that they study with kids? I (hopefully) wouldn’t describe a teacher like that.

For some reason, the fact that this is about 2/3rds of the way into a Japanese conversation makes me laugh.

5 Likes

Correct. Which is kind of a weird thing to say if before they say they’re a teacher. Unless it’s 皮肉, because they’re a bot :stuck_out_tongue: .

Wait, which part is? The sentence or my assumption?

1 Like

Your understanding of what GPT wrote.

1 Like

I kinda read it as they’re an English ALT, and whatever Japanese the kids learn in class, the speaker is learning alongside them. Sort of thing.

1 Like

This one’s kind of おかしい. Why 私も? Also, the 勉強していたことがあります would probably better sound as 勉強していました or 勉強していましたから。

This sentence in general comes a little out of nowhere. Something my teacher would scold me for, because there is no connection to what was said before.

Here if A wants to いいえ, they should 褒める B

But in general this is a light novel level conversation. すごいな!

3 Likes

I agree the していた in front of ことがあります is weird, but I don’t get why you went for していましたから for your second option?

I think 留学して日本語を勉強したこともあります。would probably work in the context better than the original sentence.

Sometimes から at the end is used as a very soft justification.

Yes, but what would it be justifying?

The 留学して for instance?

Edit: I wouldn’t use も though, since there is nothing to refer it to.

I don’t want to deviate too much from the original topic, but it’s also useful for alternative mnemonics:

2 Likes

Is it though? Those mnemonics seem like they’d hurt your retention more than help it

I don’t think these mnemonics would work for me, but I still think it is a great use of the tool and found it amazing that it created such elaborated stories.