Level 4 and i just discovered the little clock "wrap-up" icon. AMA

turns out if you click on the little gray clock during a review session, it takes wherever you are in the review, lets you do 10 more words, then boots you out of the session.

this is great!

yay!

20 Likes

It is even more useful because it also will push any half finished reviews (for example, if you answered a vocabā€™s meaning but not its reading) to the front, so you know you arenā€™t skipping any.
unless you use the reorder script in which case its mostly useless other than a reminder

8 Likes

Iā€™m level 14 and I just discovered there was a wrap up button, yay ?

19 Likes

Anything?

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

18 Likes

I zid not noe dis :3

2 Likes

He never said he had to answer

7 Likes

I reached level 60 and then restarted from level 1 and just found out about this about two weeks ago in a different thread.

14 Likes

somehow the responses from @Frankie3 and @magiconic make me feel lessā€¦ special?ā€¦ somehowā€¦?

3 Likes

African or European?

8 Likes

Well you noticed it about 4 years before I did, that is special; or maybe I am just oblivious. Who knows.

I think the point was that taking four years to notice is certainly ā€œspecialā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thisā€¦is good to know about. At first I was thinking, ā€œYeah, I use this all the time,ā€ but then I realized thatā€™s Bunproā€™s wrap-up Iā€™m thinking of. Iā€™d wished WaniKani had a similar feature, and it sounds like this is similar (although not quite the same).

I do try to get to all my reviews in one go, but itā€™s good to know about when I inevitably hit more reviews that I can do in a session, I donā€™t have to leave a bunch half done. Especially when doing some review sessions from a desktop browser, and others from a smart device browser.

i think itā€™s exactly the same though

1 Like

The difference Iā€™m seeing is that it sounds like WaniKani gives you ten more reviews, whereas Bunpro gives you anything you got wrong and didnā€™t get right yet to finish with. Regardless, itā€™s good to know that featureā€™s there. I already used it this morning, and expect to use it quite a bit more.

Wanikani gives you the reviews you have started either the reading or meaning first.

WK gives you what it has in its queue. WK has a queue of 10 items from which it chooses what to show, and whenever you finish answering an item (meaning & reading, or just meaning for radicalw), that item is sent to the server and a new item is pulled into the queue.

The queue is also kept in your browser cache for q couple of hours, so if your browser crashes during reviews, you can get back to them without having to them twice (though obviously it only works if you get back to the same browser on the same machine).

What the wrap up button does is make WK stop pulling new items into the queue. What youā€™re left to review is the reviews youā€™ve already done half of (never more than 10, which is the size of the queue), as well as any other items in the queue that you hadnā€™t reviewed yet at all that complete the 10 item queue.

AKA the WK and Bunpro wrap up functions are completely different.

6 Likes

Oh mai gawd :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for the explanation. It helps me to know exactly whatā€™s going on with WK, in case I have a limited time for reviews. Whatā€™s most important is of course simply knowing the tool exists to be used =D

I couldnā€™t understand how to use the ā€œwrap-upā€ featureā€¦

Click/tap on the wrap-up icon, and itā€™ll show the number 10 over the clock icon.

As you review, the number will go down. Answering a radical correctly lowers it by one. Answering correctly both the meaning and pronunciation for a kanji lowers it by one. Likewise answering a vocabulary word correctly for both meaning and pronunciation will lower the number by one.

When the number reaches 0, your session ends.

This is useful for if you have many reviews, but only a small amount of time to reivew.