Let us enter numbers

Nah. I think that is a solid UK thing.

Off the top of my head, I would say “you’re blowing things out of proportion” . My mom also says, “tempest in a teapot” but I hear less of that.

1 Like

“Storm in een glas water” in Dutch. Interesting that several different languages have nearly the same expression.

2 Likes

Letting us enter digits has the problem of counting wrong answers as right

But maybe… that is problem even with letter numbers :open_mouth:

So why not

8 Likes

I just google’d the Portuguese version and searched for something similar in English :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Haha, yes, I think it comes up as a problem with the days of the week and other words like that as well.

For what it’s worth, I like to use the Close But No Cigar script to make sure I get those right. It requires you to enter the correct answer before you’re allowed to continue.

I don’t know much about hacking so I haven’t injected any of the cheat codes

Huh. It never occurred to me before to wonder why we have both of those. I think for me ‘mountain/molehill’ has more of a connotation of blowing up a small problem to make it seem really huge, whereas ‘storm/teacup’ is more like getting angry over something small.

/threadderail

In the review section just enter :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_left::arrow_right::arrow_left::arrow_right::b::a:

13 Likes

So I did get it right :star_struck:

Apparently, there’s a Japanese version too: コップの中の嵐

Seriously, I’m starting a conspiracy theory about how the Portuguese had a fetish with cups and then decided to give tea to the British and the word コップ to the Japanese.

Also a slightly different meaning but a nice idiom is “to choose a small hill to die on”, as in to expend a lot of effort or anger on something trivial.

Oooh. I also hear, "Is this the hill you want to die on?’

sorry I keep threadjacking

Oh, I’ve never actually heard that properly! I’ve heard people talking about hills to die on, but I never realised it was in reference to this idiom. edit: yes, same, gojarappe!

I associate it strongly with AskAManager and laughing at some of the absurd hills people choose to die on at work :grin:

ok people, back to the numbers!

From the topic I originally thought this thread was about everyone just writes a random number, like

163!

8 Likes

Might I suggest a similar alternative

1 Like

5816!

Interesting, I’ve got the same combination on my luggage!

3 Likes

You’re not safe anymore. I see it all.

2 Likes

Installing scripts doesn’t involve any hacking or coding at all. They are a great way to improve your WaniKani experience and there’s tons of stuff you might like! I wouldn’t call scripts cheating at all. Check out the API And Third-Party Apps section. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how about: 31415