Kana vocabulary. How to opt out?

Hello everyone.

Everything is in the title.

Kana vocabulary is actually great and I would have loved for it to be a part of Wanikani when I first started… 3 years ago.
Now it’s really just a pain in the ass.

17 Likes

The reorder Omega script can filter out kana

9 Likes

Actually, has anyone made a guide to filtering kana out using user scripts? Might help while we’re waiting for the opt-out feature to be implemented. That way, people who don’t want the kana vocabulary can get rid of them, and people who do can just continue with their reviews.

4 Likes

i think that’s kana-complaint thread #11 or so. depends a bit on what you count.

6 Likes

That would be a good idea! :slight_smile:

Some of the third-party apps are able to do that as well, right @WaniTsunami ?

4 Likes

That means people aren’t happy with this. Can we not complain about a change in a service we’ve been paying monthly for years ?
The staff is apparently still figuring out if it should be optional or not, so making this threads as long as it is not changed is important.

13 Likes

Awesome thanks !

1 Like

ah, i wasn’t really addressing your post, just speaking into the void basically, sorry. i am one of the complainers :sweat_smile: although i haven’t made my own thread yet, soo… :thinking:

5 Likes

I believe there is a way to skip Kana vocabulary lessons, as well as reviews, on desktop web browsers as well. Not cleanly. Also, the same idea also allows to skip any item.

4 Likes

Correct. Smouldering Durtles has it built in.

4 Likes

Oh sorry I thought you were complaining about me complaining :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

How can I do that? I’m looking at the script settings but can’t figure it out.

2 Likes

It’s under experimental or advanced features. Something like that.

2 Likes

Agreed, still looking for an Opt-Out Option from the developers.

3 Likes

Replying here, if for no other reason than, to let the developers know this is a very unpopular feature with many users, and to let them know this should be an opt in/out feature if it is to exist at all. I mean, this is a KANJI learning site, is it not? I feel just a tiny bit of rage each and every time a kana-only word appears.

4 Likes

You can do this in Tsurukame, too. Personally, I like the kana-only vocabulary, but I don’t have much experience with Japanese.

For Vanilla WaniKani you can use the Lesson picker

1 Like