KameSame not including all vocab?

Hey all-
I recently discovered KameSame after playing around with KaniWani for a bit (both help with recall of vocab). From what I can tell the main advantage of KameSame is that it doesn’t mark an answer wrong if you answer with a synonym, which KaniWani will do. However, it does seem like KameSame isn’t giving me all of the vocab that it should be. I have it set to let me review anything I have at Guru or better, which would be about 230 terms right now. KS is only giving me 205, which makes me think that some of the vocab is not included on the site. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s possible I’m doing something on my end without realizing that’s messing it up, so please let me know if you’ve been through this/have a fix.

Also, this is my first time making a post on the forums (not counting the mandatory comment to get rid of the new user message), so hello.

2 Likes

Since KameSame is user-created, I’d recommend posting any questions about it in its thread :turtle::shark:

2 Likes

Sounds like a sync problem to me. Perhaps KameSame only grabs new vocabs from WK once a day? Another mystery to be solved by @searls!

1 Like

KameSame only syncs each user’s data once a day because I don’t want to be too much of a burden on the turtles shuttling back and forth the APIv2 server.

Slight discrepencies like the one above are not uncommon. I just did a one-off update for you, @ChrisDalton. Let’s see if that fixed it.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that! I’m not super used to forums so I’m not surprised I missed it.

1 Like

Seems like you were right! Thanks for the quick reply, even if I only saw it a week later

Awesome to hear directly from you, thank you for the quick response. Everything has been working great, I guess I just tried to do all of the KameSame stuff directly after the WK reviews.

1 Like