Wanikani and Kaniwani / KameSame

Hi fellow Japanese learners!

I’m currently on level 3 and I’ve just learned that there’s a Kaniwani and Kamesame that will help you recall (as wanikani helps with recognition). Is it advisable to learn wanikani and Kaniwani/Kamesame at the same time? Or will it be okay if I finish wanikani first then do Kaniwani/Kamesame after? I usually use my free time for wanikani and I’m a bit worried that I may not be able to manage Kaniwani/Kamesame once I’m on the higher levels. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I would say do it in parallel right away. I waited till level 7 and I had few hundreds of items to catch up on Kamesame once I started using it. If I had been using it earlier, the addition would have been much smoother.

2 Likes

it’s a great addition if you have the time. Though i’d personally always prioritize WK.

There are ways in KS or KW to only show you items from your current WK level or master and up or something, so you don’t get overwhelmed with lessons/reviews if you start from a higher WK level.

I personally use all my time on WK, Bunpro, vocab (Torii) and a little reading, but if i still had more time, i’d do KW or KS on top of that (i did try a bit of both).

4 Likes

I switched from KaniWani to KameSame this week and had 2500+ lessons in my queue right away :cold_sweat:
So I agree - it’s better to start asap ^^

1 Like

Thanks Saimin, appreciate your suggestion! :slight_smile:

Woah! (・o・)
That’s a lot of lessons, will try KameSame today! Thanks Ylienna and good luck!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Lord Andre will try KameSame later. :slight_smile:

Tried it but got a road block, how to I get an API 2? (_;

https://www.wanikani.com/settings/personal_access_tokens
Click on Generate a new token
click three times quickly on the code to select it, copy it (Ctrl+C or Cmd+C)

1 Like

thanks for the time saimin (^^)v! got it and will be clearing 141 backlogs!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.