JLPT December 2022 一緒に勉強しましょう

I’m taking N2 again in December (failed once, passed once, want to improve my score - just for fun btw). My main focus needs to be vocab :sweat_smile: and of course I will also go over grammar once again (with my Bunpro deck that I derived from SKM N2), practice reading with SKM N2 (and also reading books), practice listening on YouTube.

@Wizz: If you want to take N3 then Genki won’t cut it. Vol I roughly covers N5 and Vol II roughly covers N4 so you’ll need those two under your belt and then the N3 stuff on top of it. There are several options; I personally used the Try!N3 book (as that was the book my school used) and then SKM N3 grammar for rehearsing.
Another recommendation is: read books (not manga)! You will get so much more understanding for grammar and vocab through that. (Incidentally, the Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: TUGUMI・Next: おばちゃんたちのいるところ is currently voting for their next pick :upside_down_face:).
My test taking recommendation would be: Familiarize yourself with the question types beforehand. The types are the same each time, so if you understand already what they are asking for, there is no need for you to waste precious time by fumbling with the instructions.
Good luck!

9 Likes