Jlpt 2018! (Results are now online!)

Congrats to everyone who passed.

Less than 5 hours remaining. Best of luck to everyone else.

3 Likes

N3

2 years of study. Went in with N1 Kanji and N4 Grammar.
Hey, hey, hey! Barely passing is still passing right? :star_struck:

25 Likes

-vibrating intensifies-
I’ve been trying to pass n3 for years T_T it’s actually an exit requirement for the japanese major at my university…guess who decided not to be a japanese major after failing the mandatory practice test? haha…

but that was years ago. i’m glad i finally got this out of the way. on to n2 for (hopefully) better job prospects XD

23 Likes

I was so nervous opening the link that I knew I was going to cry either way. But thankfully they were happy tears!!!

27 Likes

So proud of you :heart:

1 Like

Since everyone else is posting passing marks, I’d like to be the first to bless with a fail :wink: I obviously didn’t study enough grammar but the program I am in right now is mixing N3 and N4 grammar so it makes sense. Anyways, I’ll try again in December and focus for N3 in July next year. Also, for some reason, everyone wasn’t very kind with being quiet in between test sections or anything, so I think that was a pretty heavy distraction for me, I was just fuming inside >_<!!!

12 Likes

N3 in the bag, if not the most amazing scores. I was 90% sure I’d failed this when I finished the test, but here we are. I’ve been studying my ass off since March, and apparently it’s paid off. For my next trick, I shall try to pass the N2 in December. I’m insane. :joy:

19 Likes

Why is my format different than others?

Passed! Looks like I got pretty lucky with the Language Knowledge and Listening sections, but I won‘t complain :blush:

29 Likes

I PASSED!!!

Really need to read more though, haha

34 Likes

I have the same format. Don’t know where others got their’s from.

SumatraPDF_2018-08-22_06-36-35

17 Likes

The others took the test in Japan

2 Likes

okay. I thought there was something wrong with mine.

Well I am quite pleased I scored over 90%. :grinning:

2 Likes

I finally passed N2! :smiley: Very happy, very relieved, very excited!

This was my third time taking the N2. The first time I took it was in my senior year of college after two years of Japanese study. My teacher said that students in her class were probably N2 level, so I signed up for it and took it without any extra studying other than what I had to do for my Japanese classes.

It was the hardest test I’ve ever taken and I completely bombed it.

Second time I took the N2 I was more serious about it. By this time I was already living here in Japan for about a year and a half, had improved my Japanese greatly, and studied for the test.

I still failed, but this time I was able to figure out what I did wrong for the test and what to work on. That was this past December 2017.

Now, finally, July 2018, I passed the N2!

I want to highlight the major difference in my scores from December to July:

That’s a nearly 40 point difference in roughly half a year! To be quite honest, I was only studying regularly up until May of this year, then the two months leading up to the test I had gotten lazy and pretty much stopped. Imagine if I had kept up my routine!

My point in showing all this and sharing my story is give someone out there hope! Try and try again, do not get too disappointed and lose motivation if you failed this time around. There is always next time!

Congrats to everyone who took the test! Y’all are awesome!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

26 Likes

If I’m on level 11 on WK now, getting a level done once every 7-10 days, and am at the beginning parts of Genki 2, should I sign up for the N5 or the N4 for December? If I do the N5 I’m certain I’d be able to pass it, but I can’t say for sure for N4.

1 Like

I think N5 would be trivially easy for you at that point. I can’t guarantee you’ll pass N4, though, but you stand a good shot.

6 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who passed!! I haven’t taken it yet, but I’m aiming for N2 next July. I think it’s doable, with four years of Japanese and my current life as a JET. For anyone who took N2, how long did you prepare, and did you feel like it was adequate? How did you prepare your grammar and vocabulary? The kanji is…kanji, but everything else seems a bit less concrete, lol.

2 Likes

Haha, that is insane. Since I barely past N3, I’m definitely waiting till at least July to attempt N2.
Got Tobira, and Shin Kanzen Master Bunpo/Dokusho N3 and N2 ready to go. :triumph:

3 Likes

I could have done much better in Listening and Grammar, but I’ll take it! That’s N4 done and dusted.
Gotta start working towards N3 for next summer. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I’m still anxiously waiting for the results to be e-mailed since it was my supervisor who registered me in the JLPT here at Japan. >_<