Japanese.io support for WaniKani

I contacted the people at Japanese.io because I think it would be an amazing tool if we can selectively add furigana based on our WaniKani level. We could build our personal libraries of reading material, tailored to our levels, in a nice clean environment.

They seemed interested in supporting this for WaniKani and I’d like to make it as easy as possible for them to get started.

The question: Who / where can I point them to?

(A) For a maintained list of kanji by WaniKani level? This would be for a simple solution where you would select your level manually and they would add furigana accordingly.

(B) To incorporate an API that will maintain updated lists of WaniKani kanji for each user? Satori Reader does this to selectively add furigana based on WaniKani level. I found this API page, but doesn’t appear to be public.

Thanks!
Dennis

Couple of references, if interested:
Tofugu review of Japanese.io

I’ve been working on interactive documentation for the V2 wanikani API. It provides both a full listing of all kanji, and particular item states by user. When I get home from work I’ll see if I can get the current version of it uploaded

In the meantime, I think you want the [API V2 Documentation], which I think is available without having to log in.

I have my first version of the v2 API Docs:

My GitHub repository has UI components that can display it. Essentially, it’s the Swagger UI with the top bar turned off.

If you don’t want to download anything, you can copy one of the above links into the top text box at petstore.swagger.io and get the same result.

New! I’m now hosting the API docs!
https://bennettbuckley.github.io/

Thanks @bladepoint and @rfindley! I shared these links with Christian at Japanese.io.

Thanks, guys. We’ll have a look and see how we can support this in Japanese.io.