Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

I learned: 君 和 負けた!

You lost!

I learned this becasue I was playing a game with a Japanese friend and he lost, so I asked him how to say it in Japanese :smiley:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not quite right - instead of 和 (which means “Japan”, among other things) you’re looking for は (which is, somewhat confusingly, pronounced わ when it’s the topic marker).

1 Like

「ダークチョコレートを食べるのが好きですか」と聞きました。もちろん!

She asked me if I like to eat dark chocolate. Of course!

Ah of course, didn’t see it there, thanks! But yes I meant ‘wa’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

時々、僕は毎日お前を考える

1 Like

始めに、宇宙を生み出された。これは人々を怒らせられて、一般に悪い動きだとされている。

「かかる」を使う文章が今度に現れたら、絶対によく覚えるつもりです。:mechanical_arm: 読んだらわかる文法は多いけど、書いている間に考えられる文法は少ないです。

Next time I run into a sentence that uses かかる, I’m really planning to memorise it. There’s a lot of grammar I recognise while reading, but I can’t think of much grammar when I write.

スレッドのみなさん!今週末、何か予定がありますか。何か楽しいことといいです。

うちは多分、「龍が如く4」というゲームを仕上げるんです。5つ目のゲームはもう買いました。もし今週末は雨が降るばかりで、5つ目を始めるかもしれません。

People of the thread! Do you have any plans for this weekend? I hope it will be something fun.

We’ll probably finish the game Yakuza 4. We already bought the fifth game. If it rains all weekend, we’ll probably start the fifth one.

色々な人のこともありますね?:joy:

There’s all kinds of people in this world, right?

今朝、天気は曇りで、暗かっただ。私は早く起きて、バスで高校に行った、でも病気がありますから、家に帰った。

This morning was overcast and gloomy. I woke up early and went to school by bus, but I went home because of a cold.

図書館へ読みに行った。

I went to the library to read.

トーキング・ヘッズの「一生一度」という歌は出版の時間に莫大な当たりじゃなかったが、MTVが歌の変なMVをしばしばプレイした後で結局にバンドの最も有名な歌になった。

今日は私の休みの最後の日だ、そして朝ごはんを食べた時これに気づいた。。昨日宿題をしなかったら、今日は難しかったね。。

ところで、2つ文章を書いたと知っているhaha

実際は「かかる」をしている文をあまり見ません。記事には「かかる」がときどき現れるけれど、僕は全然使いません。「かかる」の代わりにほかの言葉をよく使えることがあります。:slight_smile:

Actually, I don’t really see (many) sentences with かかる. Sometimes かかる appears in articles, but I don’t use it at all. Instead of かかる one can probably use other words. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about をしている here. I know it can be used for properties/traits of something, but perhaps it sounds a little weird.

今日の予定ですか。あのう、最近僕が持っているパジャマが大きくなりすぎるに気がついたので、新しいのを買いに冒険で(笑笑笑)行こうとしました。H&Mに行ったのにパジャマが全然ありませんでした。少しびっくりしました。その後、書く練習のための文房具屋で新しいノートを三つ買っておいて、スーパーでうまくて味が強い紅茶を買いました。疲れていてきたのに、嬉しい日でした。:smiley:

Today’s plans? Well, lately I noticed my pajamas got too big so I went off on an “adventure” (:joy: ) to buy new ones. Despite going to H&M, there were no pyjamas. I was a little surprised. After that, I bought 3 new notebooks at a stationery for writing practice and delicious, strong black tea in a supermarket. Despite getting tired it was a great day. :smiley:

It’s getting harder and harder to translate into English with all of those nuances T.T

Edit: No one noticed I used くせに wrong the first time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

僕は座禅をもう座りたい。

I want to sit in zazen already.

1 Like

昨日買った紅茶が本当に強いよ。紙包みに「濃厚な香り」ということが書いてある。一杯を飲んでも何にも感じた。でも、二杯目を飲んでから急に目覚めて感覚が強くなった。後で寝られなくなってしまった。 :joy:

The tea I bought yesterday is really strong. On the paper wrapping it said “rich aroma”. I drank one cup, but didn’t feel anything. However, after drinking the second cup my senses suddenly got stronger. After that I couldn’t sleep. :joy:

また日曜日の朝になったから、またワニカニをやめるのを考えている。

It’s Sunday morning again so I’m again considering quitting WaniKani.

EDIT:
大失敗した。「強いだよ」はダメですね。 :man_facepalming:
@Omun さん、どもうありがとうございます!

大学で数学を勉強しているんだけど、先生の数学能力は高すぎて、クラスの学生達のレベルと合わない。珍しい言葉を使ったり、黒板で例題を示さなかったりして、セオリーいっぱいで、教え方はやばいと思うの。去年、先輩たちの中で、九分の一が試験を失敗しちゃったと聞いたこともあるんだけど… :grimacing:

2 Likes

秋は色がきれいですから、明日、散歩して、写真を撮るつもりです。

Because the colors of autumn are beautiful, I intend on going on a stroll tomorrow and taking pictures.

1 Like

あの新しい本のタイトルは知ってる?

残念ながら知らない。

そっか。。。

Do you know the title of that new book?

Unfortunately, I don’t know.

I see…

I wonder if the set phrase 病気になる would be more applicable, than 病気がある. Especially since you felt well enough to go initially, but ended up too sick to stay in school.

お大事に!

Get well soon!

週末中、このスレッドあまりに読んでいません。正してあげてほしいなら、これを見かけました。

I didn’t really read this thread over the weekend. If you want corrections, I saw this.

冗談ですよ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m just messing with you. I know you know that.

2年ぐらいずっと、毎日SRSをしていたから、今までも嫌いんです。:joy: まあ、だいたい、ワニカニはもう一回するかなと考えます。レベル60なのに、ワニカニの漢字というと、全部覚えるのはまだ言えません。

For about two years, I did SRS every day, so I still hate it. I do sometimes think if I should to through WK again. Even though I’m level 60, I can’t say I remember all of the kanji on WK.

つらそうです、@Redglare さん。 :grimacing:

That sounds really tough.

それは大変ですね。高校の頃、そういう先生もありました。数学がそんなに好きだから、いつでも難しいセオリーを付け加えるんでした。時々、生徒は先生をしかりました。「その難しい解説の前はわかったけど、今なんでもわかりません!」

頑張ってください!Redglareさんなら大丈夫です。:+1:

That’s rough. I had a teacher like that in high school. Because he loved maths so much, he always added difficult theory. At times, the students would scold him. “I understood before your dificult explanation, but now I don’t understand anything at all!”

Ganbatte I feel no need to come up with a non-awful way to translate that into English on a site like this. Since it’s you, Redglare, you’ll be okay.

1 Like

Definitely. になる is more flexible than just “becoming” and it can be used to express different changes of state. :slight_smile: There is also うつる to express contracting an illness or 感染する when talking about getting infected (by a virus, bacterium, etc.)

お願いいたします! :bowing_man:
毎日のように文を書いても誰も直しを挙げません。少し寂しいからです。実は僕もよく間違っていますよ。T.T

Please do! :bowing_man:
I write a sentence almost every day, but no one gives corrections. Feels a little lonely, therefore. Truth is I also make mistakes often. T.T

いえいえ、 フィードバックに感謝します。:slight_smile:

No no, I’m grateful for feedback. :slight_smile:

ワニカニばかりか、アンキも毎日使っているけども、大嫌いな気がします。小説などは読みながら新しい言葉をデックに入れるようにします。しかし、大変な感じなので、いつか覚える言葉が足りるといいんですが :sweat_smile:

とにかく、漢字を忘れてしまうことは普通なので、またワニカニをする必要はないかもしれません。:slight_smile:

Other than WaniKani, I’m also using Anki every day, but I think I hate it. While reading novels and other things I try to add new words to my decks. However, it feels tough so I hope that one day I will remember enough words. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, it’s natural to forget kanji so going through WaniKani again is probably not necessary. :slight_smile:

まだ「赤いカブトムシ」は読み終えなかったけど、読み方はなんとなく易しくなってきたなあ。

I still haven’t finished reading the Red Beetle, but it it somehow got easier.

oho, arigatou Omun-san x3
頑張ります! :brain:

1 Like