J-CAT Site Problems

I’d like to know if anyone else has had the same issue. I want to take the J-CAT for language school purposes, but unfortunately the screen never fully loads for me.

According to the website check I meet all specifications. The listening section plays, but the screen never changes from a frozen “loading” circle. If I leave it long enough sometimes the next listening question will play, even though I haven’t clicked on anything. The same thing happened with sample questions as well. I’ve attached an image of what it looks like below. The circle doesn’t even rotate, it just stays frozen like that.

I’ve attempted the test three times with no change. I tried emailing the address provided in the contact section but that was three days ago and there’s been no response. I use a PC with Firefox and have a generally reliable internet connection. Not sure if it matters, but I’m also in Japan.

Anyone know what I can do? Or is there any other reliable way to test proficiency? I have already passed the JLPT N3, but the JCAT seemed a little more detailed in terms of telling you where you are.

Hit f12 and check the console for errors.
You could also try different browsers, profiles, incognito mode, and devices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.