Is Tofugu Dead?

Or are they just working on some big project behind the scenes? :thinking:

6 Likes

They recently added the “Grammar” section withing the past month or so. I think they’re more focused on running WaniKani for the time being, but that’s just my guess.

14 Likes

I think they’ve written everything they can about Japan and will now move in to the next item in their dictionary. Jarlsberg probably

24 Likes

They’re working on EtoEto, I’m sure

28 Likes

Ever since anon20839864 is gone, they lost one of their most prolific writers.

23 Likes

Did we ever get any further information on that? It was super weird how that was handled compared to other staff departures.

6 Likes

Damn really? I was really hoping they were going to continue with the countries and move onto Jordan next

4 Likes

They can give more explanations or we can draw our own conclusions. Either way it’s going to be awkward.

10 Likes

6 Likes

I’m just a stupid internet troll, but, at a certain point shouldn’t we respect the wishes of whoever made the decision not to tell us what happened with anon20839864, and let the subject die? :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

I just found out about the drama and now I would like to know more.

9 Likes

Yes, that is an excellent illustration of my point.

8 Likes

@pragmata ++
Whatever happened, the company can’t talk about it for privacy reasons, and the other party shouldn’t talk about it because it’s bad form. There will be no more information on this. Letting it go is probably the best plan.

15 Likes

7 Likes

This subject will die a year after the last mention

8 Likes

Definitely didn’t mean for any drama :smiley:

I was just curious when I saw the date of the last content update.

3 Likes

Oh wow, I had completely missed this. That’s definitely a downer, but it would also explain the apparent drop in activity of late.

That is probably for the best. I’ll probably be keeping my ear to the ground a bit in case either party decides to comment on it, but baseless speculation isn’t likely to be of any help.

It’s worth noting that even fairly mundane career changes can lead to awkwardness and hurt feelings, especially in a close-knit company, so I’ll avoid jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

6 Likes

Sorry, in that case, for pushing for information. I just thought it was bizarre and because I’ve been a particularly sporadic forum visitor over the past year I thought I genuinely might have missed something.

This kind of speculation is why it’s usually in a company’s best interests to say something though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I agree that it’s not good form for us to harp on about it, so this is all I’ll say, but if there’s no official line people will speculate - all you have to say is that X is sadly no longer working for us. Making them mysteriously disappear overnight and acting like they never existed is bananas, and I hope the company considers that in any future staff departures.

13 Likes
Summary

Oh, I sure am speculating, and nothing good about Tofugu or WaniKani.

4 Likes

They did give an official statement about her leaving. They aren’t obligated to say why she left or anything like that, unless she chose to do so herself.

6 Likes