I’ve made an iOS (iPhone/iPad) app with SRS for studying some Japanese basics.
- SRS as in WaniKani (same intervals, same memorizing levels, same penalty)
- predefined decks: JLPT 5 vocabs and kanji, Tae Kim grammars guide (partially)
- manually decide if an item should level up or down, no input needed (it greatly speeds up review time)
- notification when new review is available
App promo page: https://inhouse.ninja/anki
I wanted to do re-review of some basics that are mostly burned in WK. And I missed some functions that are available for mobile native apps (notifications + offline support).
On mid-way I thought that it wouldn’t be bad to also make grammars deck.
- Cover entire Tae Kim guide (this and this). There is only CompleteGuide/NounsAndAdjectives chapter now.
- Add web interface to add and edit custom decks (probably, would like to hear feedback if this feature is needed, I’m avoiding server costs now)
- Bridge to my another project
I intend to keep the app entirely free as much as I can, there is practically no server cost now. In fact the only resource that is used is the time to make cards content