[iOS] Mobile AlliCrab for WaniKani

cplaverty said... The app is now available on the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keitaiwanikani/id1031055291?ls=1&mt=8

I'm still looking into the icon badging issue, but haven't been able to recreate it as yet.
congrats! i've updated the list of api and third party apps to reflect this. :D 
ShotgunLagoon said...
cplaverty said... The app is now available on the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keitaiwanikani/id1031055291?ls=1&mt=8

I'm still looking into the icon badging issue, but haven't been able to recreate it as yet.
congrats! i've updated the list of api and third party apps to reflect this. :D 
Thanks! 

just downloaded it,

seems very nice, and far better than the 鰐蟹 app I had.
Thank you for you good work ^-^

thanks for the app. it is a solid, long awaited, replacement for Kiko’s app
is there any way we can support you financially? 

I have this problem, when I have a lot of reviews, (like more than 80), after a while, when I hit the “next” right arrow, I get a kind of zoomed icon, and the page doesn’t move on.
It’s quite systematical.

yarik2004 said... thanks for the app. it is a solid, long awaited, replacement for Kiko's app
is there any way we can support you financially? 
I really appreciate the offer, but I have no plans to accept donations.  I created the app mainly for myself (and my CV) and I work on it because I enjoy it.

zoltar said... I have this problem, when I have a lot of reviews, (like more than 80), after a while, when I hit the "next" right arrow, I get a kind of zoomed icon, and the page doesn't move on.
It's quite systematical.

The next time it happens, can you send me a screenshot at keitaiwanikani@icloud.com?
Nyume said... just downloaded it,

seems very nice, and far better than the 鰐蟹 app I had.
Thank you for you good work ^-^
Thanks, glad you find it useful!

I have also just downloaded it! Thank you so much :slight_smile: I’m excited to be able to do my reviews from the comfort of my bed! lol. 

Just downloaded the app. It’s great so far.
I have one suggestion, if it’s possible to implement. Can you mute sound during reviews when the phone is on vibrate or give an option to turn off auto playing audio in the settings?

Just downloaded the app, looks great so far. Any ETA on lightning mode/ipad improvements?

BTW it seems to be over estimating how many reviews I will have “within a day” unless that is ~36 hours or something.

This is great! Looking forward to the lightning mode update :slight_smile:

A request, in the “today” section of the notification center (when you swipe down) can you make it so when I touch the amount of reviews it opens up the app?

jlinge said... Just downloaded the app. It's great so far.
I have one suggestion, if it's possible to implement. Can you mute sound during reviews when the phone is on vibrate or give an option to turn off auto playing audio in the settings?
I'll add this to the list to look into.  What I thought would work didn't, so I'll need to play around with this.

itoen90 said... Just downloaded the app, looks great so far. Any ETA on lightning mode/ipad improvements?

BTW it seems to be over estimating how many reviews I will have "within a day" unless that is ~36 hours or something.
Lightning mode and review formatting I am planning to have ready for the next release.  It's next on my list.

The overestimation of next day reviews is odd, since these numbers come from WK.  I would expect these numbers to match what you see on the web dashboard.

itoen90 said...A request, in the "today" section of the notification center (when you swipe down) can you make it so when I touch the amount of reviews it opens up the app?
I'll add this to the to-do list as well. 

Hi
Just passing by to say that the app looks great! Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

Like the others, I’m also eager for the lightning mode update. 

Cheers 

I’m down. I’ll send the email soon.「 がんばろう」!

Hi there. Just downloaded your app. Looks good thanks.
I have just restarted after a couple of months off, so have a nice 600 reviews to go through over the next few days!

I notice in your feature list you have 1password support.
What does this actually mean?
When I logged in first time just now I copied and pasted my username and password from 1password as usual to your app. Is there another way now?

Cheers

marcsan said... Hi there. Just downloaded your app. Looks good thanks.
I have just restarted after a couple of months off, so have a nice 600 reviews to go through over the next few days!

I notice in your feature list you have 1password support.
What does this actually mean?
When I logged in first time just now I copied and pasted my username and password from 1password as usual to your app. Is there another way now?

Cheers
I've integrated the 1Password extension into the app web browser that allows you to fill passwords directly without having to copy and paste from the 1Password app.  When on the login page, click the Share button (which looks like a square box with an arrow pointing up out it) then tap the 1Password button on the share sheet.  You'll be able to then choose a password to fill.

Instructions with pictures are at the link below, plus instructions on how to enable to extension if it doesn't show up on your share sheet:
https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/fill-items-safari.html

z32o said... Hi
Just passing by to say that the app looks great! Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

Like the others, I'm also eager for the lightning mode update. 

Cheers 
Thanks!  Lightning mode is coming in the next version.  I'm hoping to start beta testing of 1.1 in the next week or two.

Why so many iphone/ipad apps. Do none of the developers have windows phone? The android and iTunes people will get 40 apps before I ever get one.

I’m loving the app!

As a suggestion, on the current level Kanji remaining list, it’d be neat to be able to tap the kanji to bring up a small window with their primary meaning and readings, like clicking on the same view on the web does. I use that view to do a quick self review so being able to check if I’m correct right there in the list would be very convenient!

have been using the app and love it! 

i do have one request, but i am not sure if you can fix it in the app or it is WK-side issue.

I take my ipad on subway and review while i travel to work. Between the stations there is no cellular connection, so info about missed items does not load. I switch to dictinnary (tangorin in my case) and when I return to WK app, I am often greeted with “lost connection” sign. It bugs me a lot because I need to wait until the next station to reload everything. 

Is there anything you can do, to preload info or just stop this sign from appearing? When I was using Kiko’s app, I was able to continue typing answers even with the sign on top, because it had “auto focus” on typing promt (i.e. you did not have to touch screen after typing an answer) by the way, this feature would also be awesome, since I use an external keyboard.

so I hope I explained the issue well enough, ask me if you still have questions.

thanks again for great app!