Interesting grammar?

@pushindawood?

3 Likes

Thanks for posting the question! For novice grammar learner like me, the discussion that follows such questions is very helpful. Also reminds that WK level and grammar exist in separate dimensions.

7 Likes

I think Bunpro is still a work in progress. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’ve made it very clear to us all that you haven’t experienced the NAIL-BITING adventure Mary Hart had in Kyoto. How many people were taking pictures of the temples? Did she find delicious and cheap omiyage for her host family?!?!? Find out the outcome and much more in Genki I!

14 Likes

@MissDagger and @Pep95 You are both right! We do not yet have a lesson dedicated to the conjunctive て, but we are working on writing it right now! The current Verb[て] lesson should also be expanded upon and be complemented by an Adj.[て] lesson. In the meantime, we do have the formal conjunctive, which accepts casual conjunctive answers, and behaves in a similar fashion to the conjunctive て. Thank you for your patience as we update the site. Cheers!

8 Likes

Tae Kim’s guide covers it pretty well.

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/compound

5 Likes

funnily that was the first grammar i ever learned at university

I realize this is from like a billion years ago, but I just noticed the thread again. My question was in response to the parts like “I’ve never seen this before” and “have I been blind”. He started by saying he suspected it might be the case that it was actually a common/basic grammar point. I confirmed that suspicion when I pointed out it was N5. That was all.

Had it just been a question about the grammar with nothing else I wouldn’t have framed it like that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.