Installing Wanikani Open Framework

Hmm, it was this morning, but I’ll keep an eye on it the rest of today.

2 Likes

@Radish8 @Kumirei
Other people are reporting lost connections in the Lost Connection thread. And see this:

1 Like

Ah, I figured that was a different issue because it’s been happening for longer?

1 Like

I don’t know if it is the same issue. It may be different. May be it is not.

2 Likes

I’ve just had that happen during my review session, and I noticed that WKOF took nearly a minute to load before I could start my reviews…

I also had an issue with the answer bar shaking each time after I hit enter to move to the next item, which was resolved by turning off all my scripts - another issue with WKOF???

I haven’t had any luck getting this to work. I can install it just fine using TamperMonkey (4.11.6114) on Firefox (77.0.1), but when I load the Wanikani page I get this in the console:

NotFoundError: IDBDatabase.transaction: 'files' is not a known object store name

The relevant part of the code seems to be

function get_dir(event){
    var db = event.target.result;
    var transaction = db.transaction('files', 'readonly');
    var store = transaction.objectStore('files');
}

Any thoughts?

@jjatria,
This is most likely a problem with Firefox corrupting the indexeddb, or too tight of privacy settings. Firefox is somewhat known for corrupting its IndexedDB, which requires clearing the database to get it working again. It’s also known for not having fine enough control over its privacy settings, so you have to turn off privacy to enable indexeddb.

1 Like

Fortunately, I didn’t have to turn off my privacy settings or anything that drastic. Setting dom.indexedDB.storageOption.enabled to true in about:config did the trick :+1:

Thanks for the pointer!

1 Like

I’m a developer and would like to dip my toe in the waters of WK userscripts… any place someone suggests I begin? Or just look around at other scripts?

2 Likes

Looking at other scripts is basically how I learned to program

1 Like

I always recommended looking at other people’s code. Different people travel different learning paths, so even experts can learn something new by looking at how someone else does something.

1 Like

I’ve followed the steps and made sure nothing is disabled, but it’s still not working :upside_down_face:. I’m using TamperMonkey on Firefox 77.0.1.
I’m trying to get 2 Cool 4 Progress specifically, but I’ve also tried getting other scripts to work on GreaseMonkey to no avail.
キャプチャ
This error message happens on both wanikani.com and wanikani.com/dashboard

OpenFramework must be the first script running.
In TamperMonkey, it should have a #1 beside it:

If that’s not the problem, please post a snapshot of any errors in your Javascript console (press F12 and click on the Console tab).

Also, since you’re on Firefox, make try temprorarily turning off any Privacy settings to see if that works. It may be blocking access to indexeddb, which is required for the Open Framework. If that fixes it, someone could probably describe how to re-enable privacy but still enable indexeddb access.

This is on the WK dashboard

I’m not sure exactly how to turn them off, but I tried changing my Enhanced Tracking Protection to Custom and then unchecked everything if that’s what you mean.

Sorry for the slow response. I can’t tell from the error you posted what exactly the problem is… but if those “blocked” script errors are related to the userscripts (versus Wanikani’s analytics), then I’d say it could be related to an Ad Blocker, if you have one.

I’ve never downloaded one specifically and I don’t have a setting for one, so I think it’s my antivirus and/or Firefox. I’ll try to figure out which one is doing it.

@rfindley I am developing a script using the framework and I am running into a strange bug. I wonder if you could help me.

Edit: I have found the bug. It was a data corruption in my settings. Sorry to have bothered you.

Hello everyone! I’m a bit lost with userscripts, so I’m going to ask here. I tried userscripts for many different websites (not just WK), but the only one that is (kind of) working is WaniKani Dashboard Cockpit. It’s really annoying and I don’t really know what to do… is there another setting I need to enable in Tampermonkey or is it something else entirely?

I’m getting the error message Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at eval/inline ("script-src").

Browser Info: Firefox 79.0 (64 Bit) on Windows 10
Userscript manager: Tampermonkey

Already Tried without success:

• Open Framework on #1 place in Tampermonkey
  • dom.indexedDB.storageOption.enabled to true in config
  • turning off privacy settings
  • turning off all addons
  • turning on scripts one by one
  • Greasemonkey (only with Scripts that don’t use Open Framework
  • clearing indexeddb

)

Here you can see the scripts I’ve tried (one by one, none working at all other than WaniKani Dashboard Cockpit, which looks like this:

//Edit: Fixed it by reinstalling Firefox completely. Not the solution I wanted, but at least it works now!

hiya! i have a question here. every time i click the community center button on the bottom of my wanikani dash, this dialog box pops up: image

what does this mean? i already have open framework installed and prioritized as number one. i even tried re-installing it to see if that would change anything, and it didn’t. any help or guidance would be appreciated! and my apologies for the trouble!

EDIT: i forgot to add that i’m using the latest version of google chrome as well as tampermonkey!
EDIT 2: i also get routed to this thread when i click on the FAQ and attempt to view that or any of the tutorials… hmm. let’s see if i can’t tinker with this myself.
EDIT 3: when i disabled the wanikani level progress detail userscript, the dialog box no longer appears. but now one of my other userscripts are being turned on when i visit the community page for wanikani. what the…

2 Likes

@DaisukeJigen SRS Grid should probably not be active on the forums

1 Like