Ignore Overwrite not working

I don’t think I shuold suffer waiting a few hours/days and delay my learning experience just because i made a typo error when I knew I was exactly right. I’m honest with myself and I genuinely want to learn and I allow myself to be wrong if a truly deserve it.

I know this rant has been said too many times but I just need to blow off some steam… >_<

Anyways the “ignore” button for me for the override doesn’t work for me. Clicking on it doesn’t seem to turn it yellow as it should. It just does nothing. I have reinstalled it a few times (and I use Firefox) but to no avail.

Has any had a similar problem?

Good, you shouldn’t use it anyway. Take your time instead of mad-manning through your reviews.

Main culprit for an addon to stop working is interference from another addon. Do you have others installed?

snackpacks said... Good, you shouldn't use it anyway. Take your time instead of mad-manning through your reviews.
Even if you aren't rushing the reviews it's possible for your finger to slip and to make a stupid typo.

OP: It doesn't work for me either, I think there might be a fic in the forum topic for this add-on, I just didn't bother checking it.

I have adblocker and hola (VPN) service. I’ll try disabling both and try for my next review.

snackpacks said... Good, you shouldn't use it anyway. Take your time instead of mad-manning through your reviews.
 I don't believe in the idea of going the easy way and I completely understand where you're coming from. But typos are typos; I even have typos when I type in English. If I want to work on my typos, I'll do it separately. But I don't think a slip of a finger should hinder my learning progression as it doesn't accurately reflect my real status on the knowledge.
Chloro said...
 I don't believe in the idea of going the easy way and I completely understand where you're coming from. But typos are typos; I even have typos when I type in English. If I want to work on my typos, I'll do it separately. But I don't think a slip of a finger should hinder my learning progression as it doesn't accurately reflect my real status on the knowledge.
What about your life knowledge of reviewing your work or just not hitting the enter key so quickly?

Guys, whether or not you should use an ignore button or not is a different topic. It’s up to each person as to how they use this service.

The ignore button userscript hasn’t worked in Firefox for quite some time. I use Chrome for reviews anyway, because my favorite reviews timeline addon (WaniKani Augmenter) is Chrome exclusive.

Something broke but Beanow fixed it a while ago

https://gist.github.com/Beanow/9ea55a4d73d6156f01c9

How do you apply the fixed version?

dansette said... How do you apply the fixed version?
 A few user scripts broke a while back because (I think) that WK updated it's jQuery and there was a conflict between that and the one referred to in the userscript

Copy the contents of the file  in looki's github link and this is how to install it in Firefox.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/56868/how-to-manually-install-a-greasemonkey-script

Remove the old version before installing the new one.

Never mind I’ve applied the new script successfully now.  Thanks looki!

I agree. It is MUCH more valuable to be stuck in purgatory, after slipping while typing a kanji definition, than it is to correct an involuntary action and progress forward. It is definitely better to not learn anything new for a period of days then to progress in your learning. Why learn when you could just do nothing? Wasted time is really the best time. 
spman2099 said...
 I agree. It is MUCH more valuable to be stuck in purgatory, after slipping while typing a kanji definition, than it is to correct an involuntary action and progress forward. It is definitely better to not learn anything new for a period of days then to progress in your learning. Why learn when you could just do nothing? Wasted time is really the best time. 
 LOL...
"Review Purgatory" -- where the <sarc> key tends to get stuck ON like a broken caps-lock.  :-)
Chloro said... I don't think I shuold suffer waiting a few hours/days and delay my learning experience just because i made a typo error when I knew I was exactly right. I'm honest with myself and I genuinely want to learn and I allow myself to be wrong if a truly deserve it.

I know this rant has been said too many times but I just need to blow off some steam... >_<

Anyways the "ignore" button for me for the override doesn't work for me. Clicking on it doesn't seem to turn it yellow as it should. It just does nothing. I have reinstalled it a few times (and I use Firefox) but to no avail.

Has any had a similar problem?
 Refer to Anthony's Feedback on the GreesyFork listing. Exactly the same fix Looki has suggested above from Beanow. Go use that link!