I need help 😊 What's wrong here?

There is a keyboard icon on the bottom right of your review screen. Click it and it will show you that typing / brings up an IME chart. Hit /. You can now see how to type everything in the IME.

edit: I do think it should be way more obvious/easy to find. I missed it for a while.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I totally agree. That new user guide needs updating.

1 Like

Yup, I can do that. I’ll add it to my to-do list for this week. I’m remember those confused me too, so it’s probably a good idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Good robot

5 Likes

9 Likes

One issue I have is that I take for granted that if you type n and then another letter, it will automatically make the n a single n … in MOST cases. An example of where it doesn’t is the word onyomi. I’ll type it fast and hit enter… Turns into oniyomi :frowning: おにょみ

:man_shrugging:

You might want to get innto the habit of always typing n twice to get ん

3 Likes

I definitely am trying to! :smile:

The double n can take some getting used to, but it really is necessary. There are all sorts of IME shenanigans that can happen if you type ん with just one. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take too much to train yourself to do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

shennanniganns

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m glad I found a way to help others and contribute positively to the WK community. I’ve got the warm fuzzies now.

2 Likes

The knowledgebase has been updated. We added だぢづでど to the “How do I type…?” page.

7 Likes

This caught me out on my first couple of tries too. First place I looked was the FAQ but couldn’t find anything.

On which topic, I found myself tripping up on “人” because the reading told me “にん, じん”, and didn’t specify that the comma meant these are two different readings. This led me to think the reading was にんじん instead of a choice. Would make much more sense to separate the two different readings with a / or put it on a different line. And to make it clear in the Mnemonic section that these are different readings.

I had to look that one up too.

1 Like

Learn Hiragana: Tofugu's Ultimate Guide Tofugu which also owns WK, has a great website full of japanese lessons and resources. If you scroll allllll the way down there’s a section for combination hiragana and how to type/say them.

You’re the best!!!
Thanks for doing that.
Yay! We helped people!!

1 Like

This is THE BEST!!
Thanks to @CyrusS, @Kumirei and @bati for getting だ、ぢ、づ、で、ど into the Official FAQ! It’s so pretty!!! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.