I made a Notion template for Japanese learning (and it's cute!)

Calling all Notion lovers! I made an :sparkles: aesthetic :sparkles: Notion page for my Japanese learning so I made it into a template in case anyone else wants to use it. Not everything in this template will apply to you (since I made it for me) but luckily it’s Notion we’re talking about, so everything is completely customizable!

Get the template for free ----> here <----
Select the three dots and then select “Duplicate page” to create your own page from the template.

I attached some screenshots so you can see what a few of the pages look like :smiling_face:
--------Homepage---------

-------Study hub-----------

------Library: keep track of the books you’ve read/are reading!------

60 Likes

Not a Notion user, but this makes me want to start. Looks fantastic!

9 Likes

I’ve been thinking about starting to use Notion but have been too lazy to get it set up. This template is too cute I think I’ll use it and finally get started with Notion. Thank you for making your set up as afree template:)

3 Likes

I’m so excited to hear that! Notion can be a little tricky to get the hang of at first but there’s so many things you can do with it. If you have any questions about it I’d be happy to try to help :smile:

2 Likes

Update: POLL thread strikes again :sweat_smile: Lol

2 Likes

WOW that really looks amazing, looks a billion times better than my Google Sheets Japanese plan

(I mean, it's ugly but it does the job haha)

Thanks a lot for making that and sharing it!

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s-
I mean it’s functional so that’s all that matters.

This notion is beautiful though!

4 Likes

i’m so jealous of the people who have the motivation to make their notion pages look this good, mine are all function no style :joy:

4 Likes

This notion is how I imagine stuff will come out in my head, but reality is very different

6 Likes

Aww this is super cute!!
I haven’t seen those indify counters before, I might need to steal some of those uses for them hehe :eyes:

2 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you.

1 Like

They’re so cool, right?? I just discovered them recently too! I love how they’re customizable, and I feel so accomplished when I get to bump up the number on the counter lol

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your template @bellynx , it looks absolutely gorgeous!

I love my notion templates, but the Learning Japanese page is just so…bland. I’m definitely going to duplicate yours and customize it for my dark theme :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I wasn’t a Notion user before now, and the last thing I really need, at this point, are more Japanese learning tools/distractions, haha, but this looks so cute, I just had to try it out… :sweat_smile:

Slightly pro-wrestling-ified it:

3 Likes

:yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: AHH love it!! It warms my heart seeing so many people enjoying & personalizing my template :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

This so cutee!!! Good job on the design, it all goes together so well.
Immediately downloaded hehe

1 Like

Does プロレスはしょぎょうむじょう mean pro wrestlers are impermanent lol? Awesome page

2 Likes

Not quite! “プロレスは諸行無常(しょぎょうむじょう)” means, roughly, that pro wrestling is about the impermanence of all worldly things. It’s a quote that I shamelessly stole from a tweet by Pro Wrestling NOAH wrestler Masa Kitamiya after he left his previous faction and was remarking on an interaction with Kenoh, the leader of that faction.

That quote is really key to my entire experience with pro wrestling, as well as a key motivation for me to learn Japanese (so that I can get the most out of wrestling stories as they are happening, since I won’t get another chance later), so it seemed like a good choice to feature here. The photo above it is of two tag partners (Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima) lighting sparklers together for their photobook, which came out literally right before they broke up :smiling_face_with_tear:. プロレスは諸行無常…

2 Likes

Yeah!!! this inspiring me to rejig my Japanese dashboard a bit hehe
I’m using a different theme as base (that I modified) but I think I can add and improve on it more now… exciting…

2 Likes

I ended up customizing and filling out the rest of this template so if @bellynx or anyone else wants to see my take on it, here you go! The biggest change is that I tend to have my windows open at a smaller size, so it’s better optimized for viewing in a smaller window (four columns can be a bit much, for example, and charts/tables need a little more breathing room).

I’m really liking Notion so far, so thank you for introducing me to it! I thought at first that I’d delete the timer widget, because I never really use timers, but I tried it out first, and lo and behold, having a timer did in fact help me be more productive! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes