Hunter × Hunter 🐸 (Absolute Beginner Book Club) - Starting on the 27th of August

Well, any worries about motivation are out the window. The 2011 reboot is one of my all-time favorite anime, so I’m so excited to have this be the first book club I join! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

8 Likes

Oof, that is a shame. Is there a link that still points to an English version somewhere that we need to remove? I’m fairly certain that has been caught already, but I want to be sure! Or did you order it from somewhere else?

1 Like

Nah I’m just an idiot and assumed that kinokunia only sold things in Japanese. I’ll use it to help translating it. When we are done I’ll give it to my 12 year old cousin who’s really into comics but hasn’t delved into manga yet. Lucky him!

11 Likes

Just ordered via amazon! :tada:

Shipping aside, I’m actually impressed by how cheap new books are at amazon Japan, especially textbooks. The Minna no Nihongo ones were way cheaper there than all the “cheap” bundle versions I looked into hahaha

Also, 4 day shipping? (Japan → Mexico) I’m crossing my fingers nothing will go wrong, all of this has been going suspiciously smooth so far. :thinking:

(The catch is probably on me getting hooked on a manga which is constantly going on hiatus :upside_down_face:)

5 Likes

Oof, good luck on the Mexico portion of the delivery. My friend orders stuff from Asia all the time, and the best possible outcome is that it arrives a bit late. But if you paid for 4 day shipping, it might be fine.

2 Likes

what can I say, I played with open cards :joy:

4 Likes

He’s recently been working on it again and posted some stuff on twitter.

6 Likes

I almost never have problems when I order via Amazon or get stuff sent via DHL (as long as I pay tracking, otherwise I’m doomed) but God forbid the Mexican post office gets involved. That’s just a death sentence on your things. Arriving a bit late is 100% best case scenario, and I live in a big city :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I know! I’m so excited!!!
Then again… looking at the chart below just gives me anxiety :melting_face:

4 Likes

why are the colours darker in 2008?

3 Likes

I almost think it would be better to have physical copies. I’m a book hoarder, so having a copy of a book I finished would almost be physical proof that I got through it versus a file on my computer.

2 Likes

i’m fairly certain that pirating links are strictly not allowed. but i would personally check with a person of higher rank!

1 Like

i took the cheapest shipping option with no tracking and i feel like that was a stupid move.
it appears to be that i’m screwed.
let’s hope it shows up!

2 Likes

Yes, it is against the Community Guidelines to post any :pirate_flag: content, so removing the link as soon as you can would be for the best, please! :grin:

1 Like

Sorry for the post yesterday,
Im fairly new and not familiar with the community guidelines.
I can assure that it wont happen again.
I’m Sorry!

7 Likes

it’s totally fine!!

1 Like

Just got my book! :dancer:

Also, impatient me was like: “Why wait if I can start reading right away?” but discovered that the excel vocab doc is empty :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s the perfect opportunity to add to it. :wink:

The vocab sheets tend to get filled in closer to the time of the book club start, since most folks won’t have read it and contributed to it just yet. :joy:

2 Likes

If you want to start (even way) ahead, be my guest. The only thing you won’t get to partake then is the discussions while reading, and of course the vocab sheet. But on the opposite end you could then help people getting stuck. Your choice really.

4 Likes

I’ve had a bit of a start at reading my digital version, partly to see what I’ve let myself in for and partly because one of the first pages is so beautiful I wanted to know what it said. I’m probably going to leave it now and wait to start the book club with the physical copy when it (hopefully) arrives as I’m finding the digital format hard work

3 Likes