How long do reviews take you each day?

Since my review clusters are spread out, it takes me only 30mins per day for around 100+ reviews.

Iā€™m pretty slow
Takes me anywhere from 20 mins to 3 hours.

I use the 10 at a time function so I donā€™t get overwhelmed.
If I have a really big batch I might even put reviews into vaction mode at night.

Iā€™m in no hurry to finish wanikani though. Itā€™s not my main study tool.

1 Like

It depends for me. If itā€™s toward the end of a level and I really have the items down I can blaze through 100 reviews in less then 20 mins. If most of the reviews are new stuff or older leeches it can take me an hour or more to do 30 reviews because iā€™ll study each item a bit after i miss them.

1 Like

Takes me about 15 minutes for 100, so about 30-45 minutes for the pile of 200-300 I do every day?

1 Like

I roughly calculate out it takes me 30 seconds, average, per kanji on review. This is for reading and meaning. Some it is almost instant, others I have to say the mnemonic to myself before figuring it out, etc.

100 items would take me roughly 50 minutes, and they kind tracks, more or less, with my reality. I have done 75 in 20 minutes but those are ones I already knew really, really well.

In terms of how much time I spend, I average around 200 a day in reviews, so I spend 100-120 minutes a day, or letā€™s just say 2 hours a day on WK. But that doesnā€™t include time spent on BishBashBosh/BishBashOnce which can easily be another 30-60 minutes a day when I really buckle down appropriately.

1 Like

I have about 15 minutes in the morning after waking up and getting ready for work where I do my reviews, two 10 minute breaks at work, plus a 30 minute lunch where I will do as many available reviews as I can. Any that Iā€™ve missed in the morning and the first 10 minute break will generally all be done at lunch. As long as I have no more than, say, 90 open reviews at lunch, I can get them done in the 30 minute window. The second 10 minute break is generally pretty dead as far as reviews go, but sometimes I have some, and Iā€™ll do them.

Once Iā€™m home, I just do the reviews as they come. The time varies on batch size, and my level of confidence in the kanji in seeing. Newly-learned kanji take me longer because I always try to give myself more of a chance to come up with the answer, but I generally donā€™t spend more than 5-10 minutes on a batch of 20, on average.

Total time on WK an average day probably is a total of 2 hours or so, sometimes longer, sometimes less.

is there a script to type B or F to fail and show the answer?

Always type any gibberish when I dont know the word to make the mistake lmao

1 Like

I get anywhere between 100 and 150 reviews during my evening sessions, though I tend to be done with them in about 15 minutes, 20 tops.

1 Like

the script that will open the content for what you failed is called double check.
i type B because @bistheanswer said bwastheanswer. i dunno why i still believe it because itā€™s obviously a Big fat lie. Bisnotlawaystheanswer to be purrfectly honest!

joke aside, use the double check script and when you type anything besides the answer (this rarely is B in my experience), it will show you the answer (which will not be B in my experience). you can then decide whether to add a synonym, retype because it was a typ-o or get the right answer, press enter and get it right this time and go back 2 SRS levelsā€¦

i lied about not making jokes about B. please forgive me for i am Bitterā€¦

1 Like

B is the answer for 乙.

2 Likes

About 45 minutes per day - but it used to be a lot longer. I figured out a system that works for me without getting burned out. I take notes during the lessons and keep my notebook close by. The lessons go slower, but the reviews go faster. Also, the script that keeps the english definitions and Japanese spellings together is really good for my retention. Find something that works for you and youā€™re golden!

1 Like

Iā€™d guess that I spend 45-60 minutes on reviews each day. Morning reviews are usually less than 50 and take 10-15 minutes, afternoon reviews are usually less 20 and only take a few minutes to do, then the evening reviews are anywhere between 40-80 items and take 20ish minutes.

I tend to do more legwork up front with my lessons and trying to get them stick. It might take me 30 minutes to do 20 lessons in a day if there are some tricky readings on vocab or I have a lot of new kanji.

Okā€¦Iā€™m really slow. It usually takes me 4 hours to get through 100+ reviews! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™d take accuracy over speed, so donā€™t worry about it at all, bud!

I tend to do 100 reviews in an hour or so, but Iā€™m super distractible and have a hard time just sitting down and doing only reviews (music slows me down way more than it probably should). If I sit and focus, I can go much faster, although accuracy probably plays a pretty big role. If I know almost all of them I can do it in maybe half that.

I average around 3-4 minutes to complete 15 reviews. (This stat is displayed on the bottom of the screen after review session)

Now I mostly do reviews in batches of 15 per session and spread them.

100 reviews is about 7 sessions, so 20-30 minutes (not counting breaks between some sessions.

They take too long and I tend to hate them sometimes.

Then again I open some Japanese games and realize that I learned SO much from WK, that I force myself to go on.

1 Like

100 reviews takes me around 10 minutes so I spend maybe 20 minutes a day doing them

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.