Hiragana Typos

So one of my least favorite typos is when I mistype the hiragana in a vocab word. For example, in a verb vocab, I will type RI instead of RU. I’ve been studying Kanji for years now, I obviously know my Hiragana and Katakana. A typo warning for mistyping seen Hiragana or Katakana should be added to the next update!

10 Likes

I make the same typo pretty often. I wish they would include it for items like typing 要る as いり instead of いる by accident, since that’s pretty obviously not a reading kanji problem.

It wouldn’t replace a native feature, but tsurukame the iphone app, has the feature by default.

3 Likes

There’s this userscript: Do You Even Kana? Okurigana Matcher
It doesn’t seem to work currently, but it’s worth looking out for, I’ve used it in the past and it works great.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just downloaded the Double Check- user script: [Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

@DIO-Berry @Gorbit99

It works for this type of mistake (and others). But it’s a bit of a hassle to download Tampermonkey and then Wanikani Open Framework and this this script. But it does work, so I suppose it’s worth it. But it seems like a simple fix for Wanikani to make for users who aren’t as tech savy.

1 Like

Double Check doesn’t prevent dangling Kana mismatch, even if it can be set to Shake on English typo. Also, Okurigana Matcher has been reported to be not working with Double Check.

afaik, DC’ers seem more interested in Undo than Shake behavior, so they might just don’t care. Probably to account for that :black_cat: doesn’t get paid, but WaniKani :crabigator: does.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.