Help me translate :)

Hey guys. I want to draw a kanji pic and hang it on the wall but I am not sure how I should translate it correctly.
" A day without laughter is a day wasted"

笑いのない日は無駄な日 - what you think ? any ideas ?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

It sounds good to me, but maybe someone else will have something to add…

Googling, I found, for instance, the following translations of that quote (and also learned that it was a quote from Charlie Chaplin!):

笑いのない日、それは無駄な日
笑いのない一日。それは無駄な一日である
無駄な一日。それは笑いのない日である
笑いのない日は無駄な一日である

I would say yours is pretty close to those ones!

Thanks for answer. I will send you later pic when I write it down xD

sob., 15 wrz 2018, 14:52 użytkownik crihak wanikani_community@discoursemail.com napisał:

A day without laughter is a wasted day.

笑いのない日は a day without laughing
無駄な日 a day in vain.

Maybe I’m a dimwit, but how do you draw a kanji based on the sentence that not only have kanji but also hiragana?

Did you mean to ask that question in this topic?

Anyway, I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Can you give an example of what you’re imagining?

Yes, sir, the first post of this thread has, “I want to draw a kanji pic…” so wasn’t sure what the author meant by it.

Think he just meant calligraphy.

Calligraphy can just be any amount of content, kanji, words, phrases, full sentences.

Guess I’m just being picky on their use of the word kanji. Calligraphy would be a better choice of word. But anyway, don’t mine me and move on. :slight_smile:

It will be full sentence xD

pon., 17 wrz 2018, 06:00 użytkownik sagecedar wanikani_community@discoursemail.com napisał: