1 Like

Hi! How’s it going?

γ“γ‚“γ°γ‚“γ‚ο½ž (β‰§βˆ‡β‰¦)/

Psst… こんばんは γ§γ™γ‚ˆγ€‚:wink:

2 Likes

こんばんは ですね。

こんばんわですか。(`ο½₯Ο‰ο½₯Β΄)γ‚ž

γ“γ‚“γ«γ‘γ―οΌγ“γ“γ§εˆεΎŒε››ζ™‚εŠγγ‚‰γ„γ§γ™γ€‚

Just to make sure I’m getting this right. That should be: β€œGood afternoon/hello. It is about 4:30 p.m. here,” right?

γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ—γŸ

I saw this and it caught my eye. Found very interesting answers on the internets. (Yes, that was not a typo.)

Here’s the general consensus I have seen (This was the best put explanation I found.) -

β€œThe correct way to write it is β€œγ“γ‚“γ«γ‘γ―β€. But lately even some Japanese people use β€œγ“γ‚“γ«γ‘γ‚β€. It may be used among friends, but it’s not grammatically correct. Just a slang word. Like usage of β€œAnyways” in the US.”

(Same apparently applies to こんばんは)

In case it caught your eye as well!

5 Likes

When explaining β€œgonna” to some students, an English teacher I work with used こんにけわ as a comparison. It’s not a perfect comparison, but basically it shows you wouldn’t use it in formal writing.

3 Likes

Honestly, my post was a typo. I forget that the β€œwa” sound is written as は sometimes. Gets me in the reviews every time. Thanks though!

I figured out was a typo. But the fact that it’s acceptable slang now I thought was interesting to know.

Hello! I am new as well.

2 Likes

If I could give that post a good helping of heartfelt likes I would, I absolutely love Stitch/that GIF lol.

γ―γ˜γ‚γΎγ—γ¦!

hello. (>3<)

Nice!
@alexbeldan too. ^^

@Bepo2002 - Hello and welcome to WaniKani! :slight_smile:

Where are you from? How long have you been studying Japanese?

Hello! How are you?