Hello I'm new and I have a question

Hello everyone,
I have joined about 1 week ago and I’m really enjoying the way WaniKani works. Everytime a new review appears I get an inmediate burst of dopamine into my brain. I’m about to finish level two and I am seriously considering sticking to wanikani for the next year. I had a doubt, though. I have a really sticky short term and mid term memory; but I’m afraid to forget things from the earlier levels in the later stages. How does it work in the later levels? If I’m level 29, there is, by chance, any possibility that a level 2 vocab suddenly appears?

7 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani!
I really hope you’d like it here and would stay with us!
The items appear according to the following schedule:

As you can see, the final appearance of an item would be after 24 weeks, 6 days and 6 hours after its first appearance, assuming you would get it right every time. After the item is burned it no longer appears unless you unburn it with a special button.

Btw, you might find these links useful:

Anyway, best of luck with your studies!

5 Likes

Since @trunklayer さん kindly shared the links, all I have to do is share…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.
May your worship of the Crabigator be eternal!

6 Likes

Wow really really thanks for the early reply; and yeah, I’m quite sure I’ll be sticking to this.
Thanks c:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.