Heatmap Stories! (WaniKani Activity Chart)

2 Likes

Finally got back to 0 review!
it tooks about 3 months to absorb 1500 review items, and vacations helped me to come back up to speed. I even did seven hundred (well, 699) reviews today.

My original level was 38, but after a long hiatus, 3000+ reviews felt like way too much to handle. More importantly, I felt like I was not mastering enough the levels above 30+ to make the pain useful. I reseted my level to 30, and 1500 reviews were still remaining, this is where I started back in May.

6 Likes

Keeping my heatmap minimal now. Red is <10 reviews, orange is <100, green is <250, and dark green is >250

3 Likes

Looks great. Quite a difference from mine! ^>^

I’ve only changed the intervals for the lessons: white 0; light pink <39 purple 40+; deep pink 60+; wine red 80+; deep purple 100+

It just didn’t make sense to have the greatest value to be 40+ considering how I’ve been doing my lessons! :joy:

3 Likes

Awesome, I didn’t know you could customize like that!

I’m doing 3 kanji and 9 vocab per day (or less, if there aren’t enough lessons available), with 50 - 70 apprentices I have between 100 to 150 reviews per day. Takes me about 15 days per level. On the first day of a new level I do only radicals (which is usually all of them), and sometimes I have a break day where I don’t do any lessons at all (there’s usually a day when my apprentices grow above 70). My retention improved a lot (85-90% instead of 70-75%+) and I don’t have hundreds of vocab lessons piled up. Very comfortable with this so far 5 levels in after my reset. :v:

I just wish there was a dark theme for WK to go with the Heatmap.

3 Likes

495 day streak is very impressive!

Heard of Breeze Dark?

4 Likes

Thanks! Haven’t dropped a single day since I started WK :blush:

Woah, how did I miss that? It has some minor issues with a few scripts, but it looks great anyway.

3 Likes

There’s a “Breeze Dark” theme setting in the Heatmap if you want the items in the pop-ups to have the Breeze Dark item colors. I try to make sure my scripts are compatible with Breeze Dark

4 Likes

At least when I worry about my study habits I can console myself with the fact that I was so much worse in 2018! :partying_face:

Days Studied: 69%. Nice

4 Likes

When I feel too hot from the heatmap, I like some dark breeze to cool off

8 Likes

I just recently came across WaniKani and just today found the heat map. I wanted to post this after seeing some other peoples with years of practice to maybe encourage someone else that is new. I am looking forward to having a beautiful and colorful heat map eventually!

12 Likes

this is but the first steps of a journey! <3
You are lucky to get a record from the start. Mine is missing my first half year (it didn’t get logged back then)

1 Like

I was playing around with colors yesterday, making lots of steps for a gradient!
I love just playing around with it.

Accidentally looks like icy water and fire, the ice is winning :wink:

Also noticed… I think this is my longest, most consistent run yet!!
Decided to mock around, cutting my runs together!

The first part and beginning of second (faded areas) are approximations of the missing times.
I joined in February, got up to lvl 20 and reset in July. But had a few weeks where I didn’t do reviews before I reset. Was probably a bit further out in June, but know I did little past May so just used that section from a later run (“died” in the same area twice =P … Or actually, every time XD May kills me for some reason! But not this time! I made it this year )

And I was right! Not counting the few specs far out, this is my best run! <3
This will also be my last (unless I decide to go again =P )

This round I unburned instead of resetting. I unburned a level at a time, first one a week, then 2, and at the end I did 3. Got everything out in spring. At first I did all reviews normally, but then it got just too much so decided to use “ignore answer” script to push them on. Sent them of to Enlightened and only then let wrong answers fall. I got to burn most of the early levels, and at least half of most levels. Only a few levels had less than half burned. Now I’m working on the leeches left behind. Lvl 26-31’s leeches total 400 items (some are still in Guru, only failed once. So might not be proper leeches, but I failed the burn review at least =P )
I stopped doing those levels to focus on the others first, so they have been sitting in my review pile a few weeks now, while slowly adding one more level every few days (started with 20-31 stuck, and 700 reviews)

But all burns was done correct on their burn review now =)

6 Likes

I don’t have much going on in my life so I’ve been doing reviews every day :crabigator:

9 Likes

You’re going to burn everything before me, lol

2 Likes

Been a while since I shared my progress here.
End of year Heat Map.
2020 looks so good compared to the others! Longest run without a burnout!

Also including current progress =)

8 Likes

Starting WK over the pandemic, still going strong ! Heres to 2021.

6 Likes

one_year_lesson_streak

One year lesson streak! I would like to thank my fans, my parents and of course the reorder script without which this would not have been possible. :bowing_man:

15 Likes

My first post, joined Wanikani on a friend’s recommendation, discovered the heat map today. I like Wanikani, it is like playing a fun game and i can also learn the Japanese language! I need to start using the context sentences, having a hard time reading them, but hope it gets better as i progress.

9 Likes

Did my first Master → Enlightened review yesterday, so now I’ve got my first burn forecast to tease me for a while.

8 Likes