Heatmap Stories! (WaniKani Activity Chart)

Probably would have been simpler to just use the bucket tool in Paint. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Lol! Im impressed! :heart:

2 Likes

Took me too months, but it was so worth it

4 Likes

I challenge you to spell your name (if its possible) lol

1 Like

21%20AM

Havenā€™t been using WK for too long, only since July, but Iā€™ve been pretty consistent! (except for those two November Fridaysā€¦I donā€™t even remember what happened on those days and it wasnā€™t even that long ago!)

I donā€™t have enough lessons left to do that (could barely manage the heart), and Iā€™m not ready to not review properly for that long

2 Likes

There should be another thread for Heat Map Drawings! (for the creative WaniKani user) lol

2 Likes

I was pretty exhausted with everything related to japan after I returned from the exchange, thus the two months break. I had like 1800 reviews to catch because I didnā€™t use vacation mode lol.

2 Likes

Minguo epoch: 1 January 1912
Radiocarbon dating epoch: 1 January 1950
Unix epoch: 1 January 1970
WaniKani epoch: 5 August 2017
Reiwa era epoch: 1 January 2019

6 Likes

Oh been a while since I shared! Almost a year actually! (July 19)
Umā€¦ letā€™s pretend last year never happened? :rofl:
At least Iā€™ve been good this year! :durtle_love:
Well, was good, now Iā€™m stopping to just noodle reviews until after summer :rofl:
But I AM doing the reviews! Thatā€™s what matters!
Will finish later, maybe before end of year, maybe I donā€™t care and just go slow and finish next year (better finish good than fast! =D )

2 Likes

Going strong in 2020!

2 Likes

Itā€™ been the darkest times for sure! Both in real life and on the heat map!
I had 600-700 reviews a day for a bit there O_o

2 Likes

Weird, suddenly the heatmap claims I did LOTS more in 2017 and first half of 2018 O_o (rest seems unaffected)

The interval is the same as picture above, yet 2017 now claims I did a lot of 400-600 days! While past one said mostly 100-299

What happened?

1 Like
2 Likes

Finally got back to 0 review!
it tooks about 3 months to absorb 1500 review items, and vacations helped me to come back up to speed. I even did seven hundred (well, 699) reviews today.

My original level was 38, but after a long hiatus, 3000+ reviews felt like way too much to handle. More importantly, I felt like I was not mastering enough the levels above 30+ to make the pain useful. I reseted my level to 30, and 1500 reviews were still remaining, this is where I started back in May.

6 Likes

Keeping my heatmap minimal now. Red is <10 reviews, orange is <100, green is <250, and dark green is >250

3 Likes

Looks great. Quite a difference from mine! ^>^

Iā€™ve only changed the intervals for the lessons: white 0; light pink <39 purple 40+; deep pink 60+; wine red 80+; deep purple 100+

It just didnā€™t make sense to have the greatest value to be 40+ considering how Iā€™ve been doing my lessons! :joy:

3 Likes

Awesome, I didnā€™t know you could customize like that!

Iā€™m doing 3 kanji and 9 vocab per day (or less, if there arenā€™t enough lessons available), with 50 - 70 apprentices I have between 100 to 150 reviews per day. Takes me about 15 days per level. On the first day of a new level I do only radicals (which is usually all of them), and sometimes I have a break day where I donā€™t do any lessons at all (thereā€™s usually a day when my apprentices grow above 70). My retention improved a lot (85-90% instead of 70-75%+) and I donā€™t have hundreds of vocab lessons piled up. Very comfortable with this so far 5 levels in after my reset. :v:

I just wish there was a dark theme for WK to go with the Heatmap.

3 Likes

495 day streak is very impressive!

Heard of Breeze Dark?

4 Likes