[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

I saw them posted on the poll thread, but thought this was the more natural place for it =)
I saw your post come in while I was typing :wink:

If @Kumirei wants to keep the thread more “clean” for comments/questions we could make a separate thread for it, or better yet; give her the honor =^_^=

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll wait and see what @Kumirei decides to do then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can install scripts on Android Firefox, so you can use scripts with your Pixel 3.

I’ve also got an Android phone with the (unofficial) Android app, but I use Firefox for lessons because there’s a script for adding synonyms in the lessons.

2 Likes

Wow this is nostalgic. I can look back now and see how many reviews I did on any day before 4 August, 2017. For example when I travelled to Antwerp to see Chris Rock live, and was doing reviews right until I had to leave my hotel for the venue :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m glad you guys like it so much. @irrelephant @Abstormal I wouldn’t mind having it here but you’re probably right that it’s better to keep this thread about it script itself, so go ahead and make a new thread

1 Like

Ok, I went ahead and made it =) Heatmap Stories! (WaniKani Activity Chart)

I think it belongs in Campfire… I can move it elsewhere if someone has a better idea. But probably the right area.

2 Likes

I’d place it in #wanikani, since it pertains to WK progress, but #Campfire works just as well

2 Likes

checks Yes, the “WaniKani screenshots” and “0/0 challenge” are there, so it fits with those. I agree, I moved it there =)

2 Likes

nice work @Kumirei san!

1 Like

Anyone have an idea of how to add lessons to this? I think that adding another heat map for each year might be a bit too much

3 Likes

For wide screens you could maybe almost double the width of each day, one half would be lessons, the other reviews? With a blue or pink colour scheme for lessons?
If you really want to get fancy you could do it vertically for small screens…

1 Like

Maybe just a toggle button and you can see either reviews or lessons in the heat map but not both at the same time? Might be a bit much to digest to see both at once.

8 Likes

Sound cool, but would be hard to implement since I’m using a library (code I didn’t write) to make the heat maps

1 Like

Good idea!

3 Likes

That one’s not bad.

1 Like

I’d happily use it, but I wouldn’t expect you to spend $90 a year just to share it…

2 Likes

Umm, I got this:

Should I be worried?
:sweat:

5 Likes

This is so cool! I only missed 2 days since the beginning of WK wooo

9 Likes

Please do. I bet there would be a lot of interest. I’d certainly be interested, although I’m getting close to the finish line here, so it wouldn’t be as useful for me now as it would have been in the past.

This is so cool!

(Would it be too much to request for an option to have Sunday as the first day of the week though?)

2 Likes