Having an issue with review times

I’m not sure why but for some reason, for a few weeks now reviewing has become extremely frustrating because a lot of them seem to always unlock really early in the morning or when i wake up, so i essentially get a stack of 70-100 reviews every single morning, and the rest of the day it’s just blips of 3-20 reviews every 1-2 hours.

Am i doing something to cause this pattern or is it random?

It’s not random, these are the SRS times for items:

SRS Level Next Level Total Wait Review
Apprentice 1 4h - Lesson
Apprentice 2 8h 4h 1
Apprentice 3 ~1d 12h 2
Apprentice 4 ~2d 1d 11h 3
Guru 1 ~1w 3d 10h 4
Guru 2 ~2w 1w 3d 9h 5
Master ~1M 3w 3d 8h 6
Enlightened ~4M 7w 5d 7h 7
Burned - 24w 6d 6h 8

So depending on the time of day you do lessons/reviews, the srs level that the items are at (ex apprentice items will show up more frequently), the # of items you get correct vs incorrect, etc, will all determine the timeline of your upcoming reviews

Maybe installing the Ultimate Timeline script will help you visualize what to expect ^^

5 Likes

Read @MissMisc’s post below

4 Likes

I ruined it :sob:

4 Likes

5 Likes

I use it, that’s why i know it’s spiking every morning. But you’d think things would eventually scatter a bit instead of making my mornings horrible.

Well, you don’t necessarily have to do them all in the morning if it’s not an ideal time for you, those items will likely return around the same time that way later down the road, so I’d suggest doing reviews at more convenient times of the day and your reviews will eventually follow suit :thinking:

1 Like

Once it bunches up it tends to stay bunched up because that’s when you do the reviews. Mine tend to show up from 6-10PM.

If you do the reviews throughout the day instead of all in the morning they will start to spread out. Or you can do what I’m doing right now and turn on vacation mode for 6-12 hours so the existing reviews shift. New reviews will surely bunch up again, but it could help for a few weeks. But with that said, I’m specifically shifting my reviews from night to morning so I CAN do them throughout the day.

4 Likes

Are you doing all lessons immediately as they unlock? If you do 60 lessons at the same time that means 60 items will came back for reviews at the same time.
Spreading your lessons throughout the day might mitigate your problem.

Or are you doing lessons in the afternoon / evening? If you do lessons at those times you usually get the first review (4 hours later) on the same day and the next and subsequent reviews (8 hours later) will naturally be the morning on the next day. If you do lessons in the morning the 4 hour reviews will be at noon and the 8 hours (and subsequent) reviews will be in the evening.

1 Like

that’s an nice trick, i’ll try using vacation mode to shift the entire graph a few hours every now and then.

1 Like

I try to do lessons as they unlock usually about 20 at a time, and maybe more later if i can handle it.

As for reviews i try to do them as soon as they come up unless it’s when i’m sleeping.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.