Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town -Study tool/fun?

This is awesome! I would love to do something like this but my DS is outdated and also American. This looks like such a fun way to study and learn new things. Have fun with it!

You can use KanjiTomo to help you find kanji that youā€™re not familiar with.

For others in the thread, As I make an anki deck for this, would you guys like it posted here?

1 Like

ROMs are free.

It should be noted though that technically youā€™re supposed to own the game before you download the ROM (thatā€™s the law in America at least). But Iā€™ve never heard of anyone getting caught for this >.> so you can make your own decisions.

That would be cool. I wish we had more specific decks, like ā€œAnimal Crossing for GCN vocabā€ and such. Learn them before you play to get an enjoyable experience. Hmmā€¦ Maybe instead of being lazy I could pick a different game and do the same thingā€¦

The original DS is region free, as long as the game you are trying to play isnā€™t for the DS lite, it should work

1 Like

ā€œSo I decided to manage the land until that person appeared.ā€

ā€œI seeā€¦ If itā€™s alright (with you), could you tell me how you met my grandfather?ā€

ā€œHow is it, Arc-chan? Arenā€™t you glad we came on a trip here? Itā€™s brimming with nature.ā€

Neat!
Iā€™ve been thinking of playing Animal Crossing as practice, similar games but at least I wouldnā€™t be forced to learn farm lingo (I think).

I had a friend who recommended Animal Crossing in particular because it was good for daily convo and small talk! Harvest Moon might be about the same with a little more farming focus.

Now who can make us a knock off game where we use our Japanese learned from Wani Kani??? :open_mouth:

Sorry, I play Stardew Valley. Although its always great to look back at the original inspirations for games.

@Arcon1ous howā€™s the game going? Any new screenshots? (Hint hint: I want reading practice and am too lazy to download this ROM and do it myself)

This week has been crazy, so I havenā€™t had the time to get any further right now, Iā€™ll have an update probably tomorrow, sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

I played a day in Stardew Valley in Japaneseā€¦ lots of kanji I didnā€™t know! But since Iā€™ve already started I kind of know whatā€™s going on anyway, so I can pretend.

1 Like

I spent half an hour translating just the TV channels. :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.