Hallo I am new welkp

I just signed up to this website, and so far I am really not grasping how any of this works. Why do I need to learn these radicals. I once tried heisig and now everything has different names :angry:
also I just spent the last hour learning and now there is nothing to do and I am really frustrated how do i start learning kanji?

I have done some vocab in romanji but so far I really do not feel confident writing japanese. 4000 words to go that seems so much too finish hope i get there timely.
joroshiqu konschiwa gambate

do you have any good resources top learn grammar and katakana. I would really appreachirate it

cheers

19 Likes

16 Likes

Finally, someone reached level 60 in just a day.

21 Likes

Congrats :tada: :champagne:

10 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

(Kazzeon withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

9 Likes

D:

Mr. Sean, I don’t feel so good.

10 Likes

Before you ask its じゅう(JYU) not じゆう(JIYU)!

Congratulations on hitting level 60! :birthday::clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Also keep in mind that if you don’t know how to write kanji, you don’t really know the kanji.

11 Likes

You don’t need to know karatakana. I spoke to a japanese dude once, and he said he never uses it.

I think he was japanese anyway, could have been chinese or korean idk.

12 Likes

頑張ってろよーーーー

頑張ってるってば!もー!

1 Like

がんばってばよう!

1 Like

Hello New Welkp-san, I’m Darcinon. If you want to git gud, my best advice for you is to follow the ancient Japanese teachings of Shy La Boof and Just Do It.

What I actually want, no demand to know is at what wk level I will be able to watch anime without subtitles!!

2 Likes

All the native speakers I know are level 65. I guess you’ll have to wait until Tofugu releases more levels.

3 Likes

What you cant be serious. I heard that wk teaches 6000 vocab, which I assume is every word in the japanese language!

I’ve read the forums so i know for a fact that nobody even uses most of these words so I figure I’ll probably need like 100 vocab tops. That’s like level 2 or 3 right? Maybe lv4 if i want to watch real obscure stuff like opm or fma.

1 Like

wouldn’t juu be more correct? Also that one saved keystroke

1 Like

@AkrioX That’s advanced level stuff ! You don’t wanna be confusing the minds of begginers with that, next thing you know they’ll be typing si for し and tu for つ!

Edit: how do I change the adressee?

after posting? how about clicking the addressee’s “Reply”?

1 Like