Google Chrome CSS Issue

I noticed some strange behavior in the lessons pages this morning. I was using Google Chrome (v98.0.4758.102). A lot of the text was white/invisible unless it was selected. Firefox seems fine.

There was also some weird behavior in the reviews pages (should have taken a screenshot before I finished my reviews). The entry field for the responses/answers was black and the text for the meanings (if you got it wrong and clicked the arrow to see) was also white. The text for the readings was still black.

I emailed hello@wanikani.com but I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

EDIT: I received a response to my email and we found at least two solutions: Disable the Adobe Acrobat extension corrects the issue and so does turning off Dark Mode. (Not sure if that will work in Windows or not, I’m using a Mac. I’ll make another edit if I hear anything further.)

2 Likes

I can reproduce this using Chrome on Windows 10

I’m having the same issue. I think it is related to the Windows 11 Dark Mode. When I changed windows to light mode, the page started working as usual. I didn’t test with other browsers, only in Google Chrome.

3 Likes

Good find. I’m also using dark mode. @Mods ?

EDIT: cannot reproduce on Firefox

2 Likes

I received a response to my email and we found at least two solutions:

Disable the Adobe Acrobat extension corrects the issue and so does turning off Dark Mode.

(I’m not sure if that will work in Windows or not, I’m using a Mac. I’ll make another edit if I hear anything further.)

3 Likes

It’s definitely a dark mode issue, using Windows 10 and switching it back to light mode in system settings completely fixes the issue for me.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, it seems like most users are able to resolve this by disabling their Adobe Acrobat extension for Chrome, or else turning off dark mode. Let us know if that’s not the case for you though!

1 Like

I also had this issue and it took me a while to find this thread. Maybe it could be announced a bit more widely before it is fixed? It makes the site unusable (for me at least).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.