Getting Vocab Lessons When There's Kanji Available to Learn

I’m in the middle of learning the level 8 kanji. I tried to learn a new batch today, but when I opened a new lesson it was all level 8 vocab. I’ve unlocked every level 8 kanji, and still have over half that I haven’t done a lesson for yet. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in settings. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure it isn’t vocab from earlier levels? If for instance you had some kanji from earlier levels you hadn’t gotten to guru yet but still leveled up (you only need 90% of kanji to guru to level). Then just recently got them to guru it would unlock their vocab and that would show up first. Check to see if the vocab actually contains kanji from the current level.

3 Likes

My best guess would be this:

They just added some new vocab, and since some of them are from a lower level than you are, they got funneled straight into your lessons (prioritized, even, since they’re from lower levels).

8 Likes

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s it! Thank you so much!

If you want to double-check the level of a word or which words of which level are in which state for you, I can recommend www.wkstats.com - it needs a read-only API token and will show you everything you want to know :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.