Friday September 2 2022 Content Updates

Kanji

(2) - Updated the meaning mnemonic, reading mnemonic, and reading hint.

(32) - Added “ambition” as an alternative meaning, added “aspiration” and “aim” to the allow list, and updated the meaning mnemonic.

Vocabulary

今月 (3) - Updated the reading explanation.

毎日 (5) - Updated the reading explanation.

十月 (2) - Updated the reading explanation.

月光 (5) - Updated the reading explanation.

何月 (5) - Updated the reading explanation.

月末 (7) - Updated the reading explanation.

行う (6) - Added “to carry out something” to the allow list.

(15) - Added “weird” as an alternative meaning.

変人 (15) - Added “weirdo” to the allow list.

交わる (9) - Added “to intervene” to the block list.

解散 (31) - Made “dissolution” the primary meaning, added “breaking up” as an alternative meaning, added “dissolving”, “disbanding”, “break up”, “dissolve”, “disband”, “dispersal”, “disperse”, and “dispersing” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

垂れる (35) - Added “to leak” to the allow list, replaced the existing context sentence and added two additional context sentences.

お陰で (47) - Added “because of” as an alternative meaning, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

騎馬 (48) - Added “horseback riding” as the primary meaning, added “mounted” and “nomadic” as alternative meanings, added “cavalry” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

(32) - Made “ambition” the primary meaning, added “resolution”, “will”, “aspiration” and “aim” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

24 Likes

お疲れ様でした!

7 Likes

Thanks Sayaka uhm… Jenny! (And Thanks Kumirei of course :smile_cat: )

8 Likes

Thank you, Jenny! (for coming back to us! Hope you had a nice vacation! :smiley: )

7 Likes

Thank you, Jenny! Hope you had a good break :smile:

Hey, I just learned 疲れる and hadn’t put this together! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Thank you, Kumirei!

5 Likes

Welcome back, Jenny!

5 Likes

I have a few suggestions:

1. can you blacklist “poisoned” for 有毒? I think being intrinsically poisonous is different from having been poisoned.

To be a pedant, A.D. stands for “anno domini”.

Thanks Jennyさま! ありがとうございます。

2 Likes

Thanks @VisitsFromTheIsnt! We’ll have a look at these as part of our updates :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Jenny!

1 Like

I rarely post, but I want to say that I love to check the most recent updates and look at all of the new example sentences for vocabulary that I have previously learned; however, I found a 変換ミス with the second sentence of 志. The sentence is written with the 行 kanji 「志豊かに行きていこうと決心しました。」 Shouldn’t it be written as 生きていこう?

In addition, I noticed a typo in the English translation of the first sentence of the word 妖しい. Instead of “a enchanting beauty,” “an enchanting beauty” would be correct.

Thank you as always for continuing to update and improve WaniKani Jenny! I am always looking for more content to study. I cannot wait for more kanji and vocabulary!

3 Likes

Thanks @Ruinbat! I’m so glad to hear that you find the context sentences helpful. I’ll get those ミス fixed!