Friday June 24 2022 Content Updates

Kanji

(25) - Added “obesity” the to allow list.

(11) - Added “life” as an alternative meaning and updated the meaning mnemonic.

(11) - Added (6) to visually similar list.

(4) - Updated the meaning mnemonic, meaning hint, reading mnemonic and reading hint.

(35) - Added “introduction” the to allow list.

Vocabulary

越す (32) - Added “to go over”, “to surpass”, “to be more than” and “to exceed” to the allow list, and updated context sentence translation.

納める (33) - Added “to supply something”, “to deliver something” and “to pay something” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

背広 (32) - Added “suit” the to allow list.

並べる (30) - Added “to be lined up” to the block list.

幾ら (31) - Added “how many” to the block list.

(11) - Updated the meaning explanation.

(31) - Added “obi” as a primary meaning and updated the meaning and reading explanation.

曇り (45) - Made “cloudy weather” the primary meaning, added “fog” as an alternative meaning, updated the meaning explanation and added two new context sentences.

致命的 (38) - Updated the meaning explanation.

損なう (34) - Added “transitive verb” to word types, added “to damage” as an alternative meaning, and added “to harm something”, “to injure something”, “to damage something”, “to ruin something”, “to ruin”, “to hurt”, “to spoil” and “to mar” to allow list.

大損 (34) - Added “huge loss”, “enormous loss” and “major loss” to allow list.

クモの巣 (31) - Updated the reading explanation and removed “の adjective” as a word type.

ハチの巣 (31) - Updated the reading explanation.

閉まる (35) - Added “to shut ” and “to close” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

装置 (33) - Added “equip” to the allow list.

24 Likes

Thank you @Kumirei :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you, Jenny! :grin:

5 Likes

Wait. Wut?

How long has WK had a visually similar kanji section?!! How did I miss that?

I’ve been a fan of the Niai script for ages, but didn’t realize WK also maintains a list. I’m particularly fond of the script’s ability to add characters, fwiw, regardless how “visually similar” such characters might be. My muddled brain mixes up characters for all sorts of reasons, and it’s quite helpful for me to add “frequently confused” items like this.

Wrong thread to bring it up, but it would tickle me pink if native WK morphed the “visually similar” section into a “frequently confused with” section and also allowed me to add/remove items from the list. Wish in one hand … :smile:

8 Likes

Thanks Jenny :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

5 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

3 Likes

Happy Midsummer, Jenny! :sun_with_face:

istockphoto-1218187699-612x612

5 Likes

Oh jeez. I’m on vacation and didn’t even know today was Friday. I missed the shenanigans.

2 Likes

I missed you, too

2 Likes

Been there for years; you can see an example here: https://www.wanikani.com/kanji/会

2 Likes