Friday May 13 2022 Content Updates

Kanji

(27) - Added “hurt” to the allow list.

Vocabulary

九つ (1) - Added “six things” to the blocklist.

心持ち (11) - Added “frame of mind” to the allow list.

最低 (11) - Added “the minimum” as an alternative meaning, added “minimum” to the allow list, moved “lowest” and “worst” to the allow list, and updated the meaning explanation.

知る (11) - Added “to learn” and “to find out” as alternative meanings, updated meaning explanation, edited a collocation translation, and added a new context sentence.

意外 (11) - Added “surprising” as an alternative meaning and updated meaning explanation.

挟む (51) - Added “to get between” to the block list.

向ける (8) - Added “to head towards” to the block list.

酷い (54) - Moved “terrible” and “violent” to the allow list, added むごい to the reading warning list, and added two context sentences.

指す (11) - Added “to indicate” and “to refer to” as alternative meanings.

新た (11) - Added “anew” to the allow list.

本物 (11) - Added “authentic” to the allow list.

優しい (23) - Added “tender” to the allow list.

注意 (11) - Added “warning” as an alternative meaning and updated meaning explanation.

対向する (37) - Added “to be oncoming” and “to come towards” as alternative meanings and added two context sentences.

検索 (29) - Added “search”, “searching for”, “looking up”, “retrieval”, “reference” and “access” to the allow list and added two context sentences.

改造 (26) - Added “reshuffle” as alternative meaning, added “remodel”, “renew” and “modded” to the allow list, and added one context sentence.

欧米 (29) - Moved “America and Europe” and “USA and Europe” to the allow list, added “Europe and the US”, “the US and Europe”, “Europe and the United States” and “the United States and Europe” to the allow list, updated meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

32 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

7 Likes

Yes, thank you, Jenny!

検索 (29) - Added “search”, “searching for”, “looking up”, “retrieval”, “reference” and “access” to the allow list and added two context sentences

I get this one wrong probably 50% of the time it comes up. Guess it’ll be a straight shot to the burn pile now (I don’t know if this is a good thing, but I’m kinda happy about it)!

5 Likes

Thanks, Kumirei ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)!

&

Thanks, Jenny!

The fact people could have been writing “six things” for nine things is kind of hilarious to me :smile:.

11 Likes

As long as my personally added meaning of “five things” is still allowed I have no objections. :laughing:

9 Likes

Thank you, Jenny! :grin:

3 Likes

This was added in response to:

6 Likes

@Mods would you consider adding “poor people” as an allowed answer to 貧乏人(びんぼうにん)?

2 Likes

I wonder if the algorithm itself can be improved; like there are only limited number of numerical vocabularies, anyway. Not everything has to be fed to Levenshtein distance.

It might even allow 0-9.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out! I’ll inform the content team and let you know what they say.

5 Likes

Of course it could be, but someone would have to spend the time doing it… and of course there would be critics of the new one. You can’t please everyone!

This has been added to the allow list now.

3 Likes