Flesh & Blood Drama CD-series listening club ⛵ 🎧

It would seem we have a date for when to start in on BLCD 3 folks! :high_touch: April 22nd is when we give the next CD a try. I’ll get working on that listening schedule. Once posted, do let me know if you have suggestions for changes to it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve added at BLCDs listened to POLL in the second post for people to keep track of where you are in the series. Totally ripped off @NicoleIsEnough here! :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve made us a couple of more discussion threads for the upcoming BLCDs 4-6. I just had time to do it and figured, why not. I’ll need to update the cast-list for those threads when I get time. ^>^

And scheduling and other stuff has to be made as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Preliminary schedule is up for BLCD 4, thoughts? :eyes:

We also need to decide on when to listen to the Freetalk, but since that’s just 1 track really I think it can be squeezed into the week right after we finish with BLCD3? What do you say to that @eefara Others? Not sure who will do these but us. XD Also more time can be used depending on when we start in on BLCD 4…

There’s also the question of when to start in on BLCD 4, so let’s do another of those polly thingies. ^^

Let’s start in on BLCD 4 on…

3 votes per user
  • June 3
  • June 10
  • June 17
  • June 24

0 voters

So speaking of dates, could they be added to the schedules? I was going to double-check when we were slated to finish CD 3, but there’s only week counts, not actual dates. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i know I’ve been terribly lazi about that one. I’ll fix the current one at least after dinner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for updating the dates, @ekg! I’ve voted in the poll! Do you think you’ll be able to listen to the first special talk CD with us @NicoleIsEnough?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, as I haven’t acquired it yet (and I’m not planning to do so right now as I first wanted to see how much interest I have in the CDs at all as I’m not a very audiophile person…)

2 Likes

Thought you might find this interesting, @ekg: I found a stockpile of off record commentary for some of the F&B CDs; they’re hosted on the publisher’s blog.

2 Likes

I’m not ekg but I’m also curious :blush:
When I click the link and solve the puzzle, it tells me that I will be redirected shortly but then nothing happens and the console shows me an error (“Network response was not ok”) - did you get any further than that?

2 Likes

I managed to get to the page with the commentary. Maybe, its was something temporary causing an error? :thinking:

2 Likes

How odd; maybe try tomorrow and see if it’s just a temporary bug?

2 Likes

This is only peripherally related to F&B, but it was a nice surprise, so I wanted to share with you all. So I was flipping through my Devil Survivor 2 TCG cards (based off the show, not the game) and remembered I had pulled this one some time ago:

I realized I’d never checked to see who’s signature that was, and it turns out it’s Suwabe’s! (Geoffrey’s VA.) It’s just a reproduction signature, but I thought it was pretty neat. (His signature is the one across Yamato’s chest there in English cursive; the bottom right kanji is the character’s name.)

2 Likes

That’s really cool stuff! Lovely handwriting. ^>^

2 Likes

What do we want to do about this poll, ekg? Not sure if we’ll get many more voters. (@NicoleIsEnough? Not sure if you’ve caught up or not.)

2 Likes

Ahahah, erm, well, no :flushed:
Besides being super busy all the time with preparing stuff for my two new clients (and this is still ongoing until the middle of June at the very least) I also managed to get myself very busy with some private projects for the rest of the year (in a good way, no worries), so at the moment I don’t even manage to read anything, let alone listen to CD’s :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No problem! Just wanted to check in with you before we zipped off without further input, haha.

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’ll watch your taillights disappear in the dark, then, I guess :rofl:

2 Likes

Thankfully, listening is pretty fast once you get down to it. Certainly more so than reading. There is still a chance for you to get back with this for sure. Just do it in your own time! :slight_smile: Sounds like you’ve got lots of IRL stuff going on, which is good of course and more a priority for sure. ^>^

@eefara thanks for checking in on this. I sort of forgot >_>:;; Do you have a favorite of those two dates? I don’t have a favorite myself tbh, so both works fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s do June 10th! Gives me a bit more time to start working on the first special talk CD; I’d still like to take a shot at transcribing it, which will probably take a while even if it goes well.

2 Likes