First year discount question

Hello WKers,

I’ve been enjoying my time working through the first few levels and love this website, but I am a bit hesitant on subscribing right away because I’ve read that people typically get emailed a code for half off their first year around the time they get to level 4. Is this something that still happens? Does anyone have experience with how long it would take to receive this coupon?

Thanks!

I didn’t receive anything like this personally. I’ve only heard of this happening in January or maybe February to people who just missed the annual Lifetime sale.

5 Likes

Ah reassuring to hear that in a way. Thanks

Yeah, that was my situation, and I did receive a 50% off yearly or monthly code, but it seems to be specifically due to just missing the annual sale.

The WK team is pretty understanding, honestly, so you might as well send them an email and see if there is anything they can do for you, since we are still a long way away from December.

1 Like

If you buy a one year subscription now then you can get the remaining months subtracted off of the half-price lifetime subscription in December. Or at least that’s how it worked for me.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s how it worked for me too - I started my own subscription in May via a monthly & it did that for the remaining days when subscribing to lifetime in the December 2019 sale

1 Like

the tofugu podcast has some wanikani coupons! plus the episodes are fun and informative ^.^

There is/was a discount, but not as large as you’re thinking.

The code could be used for 20% off the 1 year subscription or 20% off the monthly one (for 12 consecutive months).

If you email them or use the live chat they’ll give you more info that’s how I got it. Just be aware they might not do it anymore.

Also at Christmas time you can buy lifetime membership for $200 instead of $300 so 33% off or something.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.