Wanikani subscription 2023/24?

I heard Wanikani usually has a sale for lifetime subscriptions around the end of the year but does it start at a specific day? How long does it last? And how much is the discount?

I already did the 3 free levels a while back, loved it and been saving to buy the lifetime subscription, the sale would help me a lot as I’m a student worker still… any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

It generally starts within a few days on either side of December 20th, until approximately January 5th. It’s a 33% discount on Lifetime membership.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s worth noting that you can buy either monthly or a yearly sub for now, because the unused part of that subscription gets subtracted when getting lifetime. :eyes:

2 Likes

So if I understood correctly (not english native), if I buy the 1yr subscription now by the time it ends I pay less? (And with the yearly discount it’s even lesser?) I thought it was 299 for lifetime no matter the level you’re at…

Not quite. If you buy a yearly sub now, you cannot use it all since the lifetime discount is about 1 month away. That would usually mean 11 months of unusued subscription. BUT, to avoid that, the Tofugu team has previously made it possible to subtract unused subscriptions on a purchase of lifetime. Meaning, those 11 months becomes a further discount for you if getting lifetime. It’s not wasted money.

2 Likes

Oh okay, thank you for your explanation! :pleading_face:

1 Like