I have returned to using WaniKani after ~4.5 months of interruption and have noticed a change. Or I suspect there was a change done since early August 2019. It is about the order or timing when the failed items appear in the review list again during the same session.
Before it worked like this:
- I fail the item (reading/meaning, whatever), it goes back to review queue
- Another 10-15 items are being reviewed (so I properly erase the failed item from my short-term memory)
- Failed item reappears, and I check how well it sits now in my middle-term memory, together with associations, cross-links and whatnot
But now this sequence is greatly shortened. Failed item appears right away again, or after 1-2 another items. So actually, only my short-term memory plays its part and I cannot be sure I properly fixed the area where related info is stored.
With this I only have two questions:
- The above is just a coincidence of the last couple of weeks or consequence of having too many reviews due? I’ve dropped from 2150 to 1140 recently.
- Or this was an intentional algorithm change? If so, was there any idea behind that?
Thanks so much to anyone who could clarify