Elon.io coverage depth

I’ve been looking for something that brings that “wanikani feel,” to grammar. The best resource I’ve managed to find is https://elon.io/learn-japanese/lessons . However, I’m intending to use it as a supplement and not a replacement. Can anyone who has gone through Genki / TextFugu / JLPT tell me how much of any of those curriculums elon covers. Thanks!

Seems to cover the very basics of the basics. Should be enough grammar wise for JLPT N5 (it has very little in it) and probably a chunk of JLPT N4.

Have you checked out renshuu.org?

Doesn’t cover much at all really. Doesn’t even seem to cover full N5.

I’m not a fan of using “si” instead of “shi” or “ti” instead of “chi” even though it was how I originally learned.

Damn, Elon Musk took a break from Mars to learn Japanese?

Oh… it’s a different Elon, you say?

I think he’s planning to build a Hyperloop to fluency in Japanese.

Yeah I hate that as well

When you use an IME to write ち as ti and し as si it’s faster than chi/shi. It’s all about that one less keystroke. Gotta maximize your efficiency.

I’ve seen renshu mentioned a lot but never bothered looking into it. I decided to take the plunge. We’ll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Spot on. I really disliked it as first, but I’ve noticed a typing speed efficiency for sure. All in all it hasn’t been too much of an issue, as wanikani accepts either.

I haven’t heard of renushuu, but I’ll check it out! Thanks for the info and resource!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.